• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Interesting Andrelton Simmons stat

Chuck

I've seen him hit the ball hard quite a bit with little to show for it.  He really looks like he should be a better hitter for whatever reason.  

I agree. All the talk prior to the season was about how he's so great on defense but don't expect much from his bat. I've been pleasantly surprised how often he's put the ball in play and I've thought to myself "wow he made good contact on that, that might be a hit", and he has just been getting fairly unlucky and hitting it right at people. That's baseball for you. I think if he keeps up the same approach, he'll definitely start seeing some of these drop in and find a hole more often. 

So far, I am very happy with Simmons defensive performance. I like his approach at the plate as well.

Did you see how far he ran for that foul ball in left today? As soon as the bat made contact, he was on his horse. It's like he knew exactly where it was gonna go, and he freakin' wanted it.

Hard to hate a guy like that.

Why would you want to hate him?

I know the whole 'he should strike out more' thing is kind of a running joke, but it sorta holds true for AS.  He really does need to swing and miss on more of those balls he puts into play for weak outs.  It's almost like he takes a two strike approach regardless of the count.  Save the 'put the ball in play' mentality for when you have two strikes.  He's a big guy who can hit the ball hard.  

He seems like the type of guy who, even if he doesn't put it all together offensively, is capable of having one of those crazy abnormal seasons where everything he hits finds the hole or sneaks over the fence and winds up with a fluke season hitting .310 with 20 HRs.

Edited by totdprods

His fielding trait, that I was unaware of, is how quickly he transfers the ball when receiving a throw from 1st or 2nd on a DP. He's lightning fast. I knew about his arm and range. I also like how much taller he is than most SS. He can throw the ball more easily over a sliding runner on the throw to first.

Very pleased with his ability to make contact. Good things happen when you make contact. I just need to watch him more to see if he is being selective on the pitches he swings at. Maybe that explains why he hasnt hit for a better average in his career.

Or maybe he just needs to mature as a hitter more.

Edited by WeatherWonk

He seems like the type of guy who, even if he doesn't put it all together offensively, is capable of having one of those crazy abnormal seasons where everything he hits finds the hole or sneaks over the fence and winds up with a fluke season hitting .310 with 20 HRs.

Los+Angeles+Angels+Anaheim+Photo+Day+V_x\

"I know exactly what you mean."