• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Salas is in

I understand having Salas in the pen for games where we're down by a couple late in a game so we don't burn up better arms for that, but Sosh does seem to use him outside of that situation far too often.

Mentioned in another thread that I remember Carrasco, Yan, and Speier being used heavily early on in the seasons in which they were DFAed. Wonder if Salas is in a similar position. Guess the thought is use them frequently early in the year to get as many potentially useful innings out of them as possible before being DFAed, or as a last chance for them to prove themselves.

It's very possible we have some roster crunch within a couple weeks when Heaney returns, and especially so whenever Skaggs and Wilson return and since Salas is out of options that may be the end of the road for him.

Edited by totdprods

I just don't understand the Scioscia fascination with Salas. It has to stop. Salas is the type of pitcher that kills teams in the playoffs. He's so hit-able.

ERA since 2012

2012 - 4.30 ERA

2013 - 4.50 ERA

2014 - 3.38 ERA

2015 - 4.24 ERA

For a reliever? Yuck.

I think Scioscia/Dipoto/Eppler/whomever viewed/view his potential and hope he gets back to 2011.  That's the only explanation I can think of because, after 2+ seasons, actual performance has been pretty rough.  I think they see his 1.10 WHIP and his 2 BB/9 and 10 K/9 expecting it will come together at some point.

I'm happy as long as his inherited runners games are very limited.   Those are where he looks like Tossed Salad.

Something happens to him in those spots, whether it's telegraphing his pitches more in those spots, or whatever.

Because with no one on base, he actually looks like a solid reliever. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

I just don't understand the Scioscia fascination with Salas. It has to stop. Salas is the type of pitcher that kills teams in the playoffs. He's so hit-able.

ERA since 2012

2012 - 4.30 ERA

2013 - 4.50 ERA

2014 - 3.38 ERA

2015 - 4.24 ERA

For a reliever? Yuck.

I consider ERA for relief pitchers to be a pretty useless statistic. One really bad outing can screw it up for a long time. Plus. RPs can allow runners to score, and the runs are charged to someone else.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I'm happy as long as his inherited runners games are very limited. Those are where he looks like Tossed Salad.

Something happens to him in those spots, whether it's telegraphing his pitches more in those spots, or whatever.

Because with no one on base, he actually looks like a solid reliever.

Some guys just don't pitch as effectively from a stretch position.