• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels' Jered Weaver experiments in minor league game

The A's Class A team singled, walked and homered in the first four batters. 24 pitches in the first. He did six innings with 5 runs allowed and 85 pitches. Unless there's an intervention, Weave's next start will be an experiment against the Rangers for real.

turn the page bro...

The A's Class A team singled, walked and homered in the first four batters. 24 pitches in the first. He did six innings with 5 runs allowed and 85 pitches. Unless there's an intervention, Weave's next start will be an experiment against the Rangers for real.

Sounds like a successful experiment. #sigh

Hopefully a backup plan for Tropeano/Skaggs. If Kendrick is one of your 5 starters, you're doing it wrong. Adding him for depth makes sense because I fully expect CJ and Weav to offer a whole lot of nothing this year and Shoemaker doesn't inspire much confidence so that leaves Trop and Skaggs being heavily relied upon to deliver quality innings

At this point it's just a matter of how many games he costs us before he's pulled from the rotation. Angels really need CJ to pull his head out and/or one of Shoemaker/Skaggs/Tropeano to step up and have a great season.

I'm not sure why everyone is hating on CJ ... there's no reason to believe he's not giving 100% to his recovery. I expect him back sometime in April.

At this point it's just a matter of how many games he costs us before he's pulled from the rotation. Angels really need CJ to pull his head out and/or one of Shoemaker/Skaggs/Tropeano to step up and have a great season.

Pretty much this, although I don't see Shoemaker as anything more than a place-holder for Skaggs.

I'm not sure why Tropeano isn't the fifth starter over Shoe, except that maybe the Angels are hoping Shoe can recover his 2014 form. But I'm guessing that Skaggs and Trope will replace Weaver and Shoemaker within a month or two, barring a return from CJ.

Pretty much this, although I don't see Shoemaker as anything more than a place-holder for Skaggs.

I'm not sure why Tropeano isn't the fifth starter over Shoe, except that maybe the Angels are hoping Shoe can recover his 2014 form. But I'm guessing that Skaggs and Trope will replace Weaver and Shoemaker within a month or two, barring a return from CJ.

Hoping for Shoemaker to regain his 2014 form would be like bringing Vernon Wells back and hoping he could hit like it were 2010. I'd much rather be putting Tropeano out there than Shoemaker (or Weaver of course).

Hoping for Shoemaker to regain his 2014 form would be like bringing Vernon Wells back and hoping he could hit like it were 2010. I'd much rather be putting Tropeano out there than Shoemaker (or Weaver of course).

I agree but clearly the Angels don't. Maybe giving Shoemaker a shot is one last chance before giving him the boot or relegating him to AAA. He almost deserves it more than Trope, because of 2014. Trope will have his chances.