• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your level of concern re: Trout, Pujols, Hamilton

Simple topic, on a scale of 1-10 how worried are you about Trout, Pujols, and Hamilton.

Trout - 1/10 - I'm not worried about him at all, honestly. He's K'ing a lot, but that should level out as the season goes along. The 2B's, 3B's, and the HR's will come once his bat starts to heat up as well. 

Pujols - 6/10 - I'm worried about the foot injury. You can play through plantar fasciitis, but there is a chance it could pop completely. He looks like he's in severe pain when he runs and doesn't even look comfortable in the batter's box. If he can get healthy, I'm confident his bat will come around. I just want to get him healthy.

Hamilton - 4/10 - He's a streaky player, I'm just waiting for one of his hot streaks. I am giving him a little bit of slack because he just signed a big contract and is on a new team and he may not be comfortable yet. We saw it with Pujols last April, sometimes players struggle in new situations. In no way do I see Hamilton struggling like this throughout the season. 

Too early to worry about Trout, he's been fine despite K'ing a bit more. 1/10

Hamilton I'm slightly concerned about, but not enough to really be worried.  If he's still hitting like this in June I'll hit the panic button.  3/10

Pujols I'm just concerned that he'll aggravate his injury to the point where it tears or becomes worse.  His speed on the basepaths right now is almost comically slow.  I feel like it almost doesn't matter if he's out of the lineup for a while since we have so many players out anyways and are playing mediocre baseball.  6/10

Trout:  I am really concerned that hey had his "Erstad" year last year and we are not going to get any better than a 290 hitter.  He will do better than what he is doing, but will he be one of the best players in the game this year?  I am now starting to have my doubts.

Pujols:  I am really worried because that injury is not getting better over night.  Too bad really because he started off hitting well.  

Hamilton:  Not worried yet.  He is a streak hitter.  He goes through period of sucking like he is now, and he goes through period as the reincarnation of Babe Ruth.  I am willing to bet his numbers in September will be close to his norms.

Trout 0/10 -no worries. Last season may be the best of his career but he will still be a perennial  allastar.

Hamilton- 5/10 . I get that he is streaky but he ended last year horribly which means he has been on a down "streak" for 2 months.

Pujols- 7/10 Hate to say it but this has all the ingredients of a franchise crippling contract. 

Blanton/Hanson = 10000000000000/10 

For those saying Trout's K's are high.  You should really look at last years numbers.  He K'd 139 times.  Right now, he's actually on pace to have fewer K's than last year.  Not too concerned with him, as I didn't think he could repeat last years numbers.  

Pujols.  The injury is the biggest concern.  He needs to go on the DL and rest that foot.  He showed that he still can hit the ball.  If he doesn't go on the DL, then the level of concern goes from a 1 or 2 to a 9 or 10.  

Hamilton.  Think he's going to be like Pujols last year.  He got the big contract.  So he's pushing right now.  Hopefully he'll get back to the zone last year.

2 on Trout, he will be fine. Once he gets back in the number one spot and gets back to how he was playing last year and not trying to hit home runs.

6 on Hamilton he looks bad but he can't be this bad all year

10 on Pujols. Worst contract in baseball. Two years of injury in his first two years with the Angels only going to get worse. This is going to be a long 8 more years. Fielder to this board was fat and was gonna age horrible. Pujols looks fat and looks like a 90 year old walking to the plate.

Trout:  I am really concerned that hey had his "Erstad" year last year and we are not going to get any better than a 290 hitter.  He will do better than what he is doing, but will he be one of the best players in the game this year?  I am now starting to have my doubts.

Pujols:  I am really worried because that injury is not getting better over night.  Too bad really because he started off hitting well.  

Hamilton:  Not worried yet.  He is a streak hitter.  He goes through period of sucking like he is now, and he goes through period as the reincarnation of Babe Ruth.  I am willing to bet his numbers in September will be close to his norms.

Erstad was on something on his Erstad year.

Trout: 4

Sophomore slumps happen, and at times, he's looked horrible at the plate. He has the ability to adjust, but hasn't done so yet.

Hamilton: 6

He's on the downside of his career AND doesn't have the benefit of playing in Arlington Gazebo to mask that anymore. He's looked REALLY bad at the plate in most games.

Pujols: 7

He's still playing, but not at full strength. I think he'll need to go on the DL at some point soon just to rest his foot, and if he gets enough rest, will be the Pujols of old. For another couple of years.

Check back in 2015. Those two big contracts are going to start looking REALLY bad by then.

Short-term or long-term? I'll do both.

PLAYER: This year/long-term

TROUT: 3/1 - I was expecting some regressing, into the .290-.300ish, .850-.900ish, 25 HR, 40 SB range. My only worry is that might have been too optimistic. Long-term he'll be fine, and more than fine - he'll be great. But my only small, nagging worry is that he'll never be as great as we saw last year. I think he will, but we'll have to wait and see.

PUJOLS: 7/7 - Dude is old, old and injured. Albert needs to rest. Start by taking a few days off of bed-rest, see if he feels better. If not, DL time. I'd rather see 100-120 games of vintage Pujols than 140-150 of this. Long-term, well...this isn't a good sign. Even if he was on the rebound from last year's performance, this injury could nag him for years. Its going to be a long next 9 years.

HAMILTON: 4/5 - He'll turn it around - he's just pressing. The only reason I give him a 4 and not lower is because he's...well, Josh Hamilton. Will he hit .280 with 25 HR or .330 with 45 HR? Will he play 100 or 145 games? We just won't know and it will be a year-to-year question. The contract was a massive overpay because it reflects his talent but not his erratic performance and injury history.

I would not be worried about Trout at all.  I  have been saying all along, last year was his rookie year.  Great year.  But do it again.  I honestly do not believe he will.  He is a solid ballplayer, probably around .280-.290 ish. 

Pujols is a big worry.  He needs to go on the DL and rest the foot completely.  That is the only way to clear it up.

Hamilton is a worry, probably 6 or so on a scale of 10.  Maybe even more.  He is swinging at everything, just like September of last year.