• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I have no hope for this team

I'm usually pretty positive but after watching this team for a month they just aren't good. You cannot build a winning team based on "big names". This team is fundamentally unsound. Terrible starters, terrible bullpen, playing terrible defense, crap base running, never getting hits with RISP, we have two of the fastest players in all of the league and they don't steal bases. The fact of the matter is we have won one series all year and that was because Detroit played like garbage, I in no way see this team even sniffing the playoffs, the rangers come in our house and totally kick us around, same shit different year. This organization is screwed.

I feel the same way about the team after this loss as I did before.

Bad bullpen with zero depth

Mediocre starting pitching

Good yet so far untimely offense. 

I feel very redundant by writing this once again, but this team will live and die this year by the bullpen. 

4 pen losses and 5 other games where the pen let the game out of control.  Pens aren't perfect so let's say we win 2 of those pen losses and 2 others if the pen could have kept us close.  That's four games difference.  Instead of 8-12, we are 12-8.  Even 10-10 would be acceptable as the offense and starter have underperformed relative to expected as well. 

.500 ball would be a bummer to this point yet it's at least reasonable to have 20 game stretches of such when things aren't totally clicking. 

Did we all really expect to win last night. The angels have been playing some pretty good ball and we lose a game in which we had a guy making his first career start and all of a sudden the sky is falling again? I understand that every game counts and that this start can come back to haunt us like last year however it is still early! It's funny that we can sweep the Tigers and then lose a game to the Rangers and we lose hope on this team. We are not a juggernaut but this team is very solid and has as good a chance of going all the way as any other team in the league. Once we get back to full strength we're gonna start rollin' and I'm sure most of you on here will still find something to complain about.

I'm usually pretty positive but after watching this team for a month they just aren't good. You cannot build a winning team based on "big names". This team is fundamentally unsound. Terrible starters, terrible bullpen, playing terrible defense, crap base running, never getting hits with RISP, we have two of the fastest players in all of the league and they don't steal bases. The fact of the matter is we have won one series all year and that was because Detroit played like garbage, I in no way see this team even sniffing the playoffs, the rangers come in our house and totally kick us around, same shit different year. This organization is screwed.

Same text different poster.  Anything original after a loss guys?

To be fair, you assessment is off by much.  There isn't much hope for a team with poor pitching, no matter how big names they have on offense.  Last night problem was Carpenter, who wouldn't even get a sniff in a big league game if we weren't so decimated by injuries.  Roth pitched well for three innings and got tired, Carpenter sucked.  That's about it.

I feel the same way about the team after this loss as I did before.

Bad bullpen with zero depth

Mediocre starting pitching

Good yet so far untimely offense. 

I feel very redundant by writing this once again, but this team will live and die this year by the bullpen. 

4 pen losses and 5 other games where the pen let the game out of control.  Pens aren't perfect so let's say we win 2 of those pen losses and 2 others if the pen could have kept us close.  That's four games difference.  Instead of 8-12, we are 12-8.  Even 10-10 would be acceptable as the offense and starter have underperformed relative to expected as well. 

.500 ball would be a bummer to this point yet it's at least reasonable to have 20 game stretches of such when things aren't totally clicking. 

I say mediocre bullpen and bad starting pitching....but why debate over tangibles.

Agreed, how do fans expect this team to win every night if your staff ace is out for 6 weeks, half of your relief pitching is out. The shortstop and 3rd basemen are on the DL and then your other starter goes on bereavement leave. That's too many players out to be able to perform at a high level. I hope that once everyone is back this team will gel.

I would like to see the Rangers win without Yu Darvish, the shortstop, the third baseman a hobbled DH with a foot problem etc.

LOL @ comparing Callaspo with Beltre. Callaspo's replacement is better than him, Beltre's wouldn't.  Also, the Rangers are winning without Harrison, so we'd have to lose Wilson to make that a valid comparison, though Wilson is nowhere near as good as Darvish. You have a point with DH and shortstop, however.

Agreed, how do fans expect this team to win every night if your staff ace is out for 6 weeks, half of your relief pitching is out. The shortstop and 3rd basemen are on the DL and then your other starter goes on bereavement leave. That's too many players out to be able to perform at a high level. I hope that once everyone is back this team will gel.

Callaspo is a high level player? LMAO. We are better with Lucho than Callaspo.