• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

My sons had a great history teacher in high school. He moved on to a private school and two girls claimed he sexually assaulted both of them. He was immediately arrested, fired from his job. Later they both recanted and their excuse was he was giving them failing grades and they wanted to get back at him.

This was after he committed suicide. They were not charged with any crime and went back to school like nothing happened. 

So, yeah, every coin has two sides. 

That is awful, and I understand why that unjust scenario would paint your perspective on this issue.

Those girls must be psychopathic to do something like that. If not they're living with a lot of guilt.

Same happened to my childhood physician. Unsubstantiated claims for a sexual contact lawsuit and then when he took a trip to San Diego and filled his veins with a sedative and passed away the lawsuit was dropped. 

But we must believe all women... 

Save the fucking slogans for your Facebook friends. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Same happened to my childhood physician. Unsubstantiated claims for a sexual contact lawsuit and then when he took a trip to San Diego and filled his veins with a sedative and passed away the lawsuit was dropped. 

But we must believe all women... 

Save the fucking slogans for your Facebook friends. 

You realize that the slogan was never believe all women, simply #believewomen, right?

This is a good read: https://www.brown.edu/campus-life/health/services/promotion/sexual-assault-dating-violence/myths-about-sexual-assault-reports

Reliable studies consistently measure the rate of false reports as 2% to 10%. For example, an analysis of ten years of cases reported to a University police department involved setting coding criteria in advance, reviewing case summaries, meeting with police officials to review the cases in more detail, and establishing coding reliability by comparing the classifications made by two research teams across all 136 cases. This study found that only 6% of the cases were false allegations (Lisak et al., 2010). A 2014 study of sexual assault cases reported to the Los Angeles Police Department used quantitative and qualitative methods to review reports and analyze detective interviews. The study found that 4.5% of cases were false reports. These results are consistent with other well-constructed international studies.

As with any crime, false reporting of sexual assault does occur; however, it is very rare. When it does occur, it is both incredibly harmful to the falsely accused and extremely damaging to survivors of sexual assault who find themselves subject to stereotypes and disbelief as a result.

Men of color experience greater conviction and incarceration rates for all crimes, including sexual assault. While there are times when a white woman falsely accuses a man of color of sexual assault, these disparities are often the result of systematic racism and negative stereotypes about men of color as well as stereotypes about "real victims." For example, the Central Park Five were African-American and Latino boys who were wrongly charged and convicted by police and prosecutors intent on finding someone responsible for the rape and severe beating of a white woman who was jogging in Central Park. The survivor in this case was so badly beaten that she couldn't remember anything that happened. Terrible injustices like these must be acknowledged and addressed at the same time as addressing the injustices experienced by sexual assault survivors. 

18 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Some folks on both sides have used it incorrectly but it originated as simply "believe women." Also lol @ linking to the Heritage Foundation.

I'm curious what you folks think about the Brown University article I posted.

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

No, "be kind" is all inclusive without a need for a modifier. "Believe Women" needs no modifier to be all inclusive. 

Lolk.

I admit I was wrong that the slogan was "never" believe all women. Keyboard warriors on both sides decided to make the idea something it shouldn't be.

10 minutes ago, cals said:

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20220929-the-parents-raising-their-children-without-gender

This is the type of thing that makes me support the argument that women should not be able to vote.

We should be helping people with mental illness as opposed to celebrating it 

Edited by Jason