• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

4 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Hey man. Batgirl's only been around for like 60 years. Doesn't deserve to have a crappy movie made about her yet like all the guys get

she does deserve a movie. Her outfit needs some work. There needs to be more cleavage and maybe a thong  bodysuit for character development 

Edited by Kotchman

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Most of those movies shouldn’t be made either 

I don't know. I checked out on all that crap years ago. I really hope more of these flop so they'll move on and start spending money on good old fashioned humans killing humans or time traveling cyborgs

4 minutes ago, St1ck said:

They make money and a lot of people enjoy them. The market will decide it's done when people stop buying tickets.

I think they are not as lucrative as they were in the past.  For instance.  Thor Love and Thunder cost a massive $250 million to make.  And I don't know if that even counts advertising costs.  So far they have made $667 million worldwide.  Which for the studio is usually only half of box office.  So $333 million.  

Still a massive amount.  But when you are at a point where movies are taking $250 million to make, and you need $500 million just to break even.  People could be buying tickets, but not enough to make a profit.  

Take Black Widow.  Massive $379 million in worldwide box office.  But cost $200 million to make, so they lost money on it.  

7 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I think they are not as lucrative as they were in the past.  For instance.  Thor Love and Thunder cost a massive $250 million to make.  And I don't know if that even counts advertising costs.  So far they have made $667 million worldwide.  Which for the studio is usually only half of box office.  So $333 million.  

Still a massive amount.  But when you are at a point where movies are taking $250 million to make, and you need $500 million just to break even.  People could be buying tickets, but not enough to make a profit.  

Take Black Widow.  Massive $379 million in worldwide box office.  But cost $200 million to make, so they lost money on it.  

Black Widow is an outlier because it was released when there were a lot of people still not going to the theater because of COVID and they also released it on Disney+ shortly after its debut. 

The most recent movies haven't been that great and I'm sure ticket sales will drop at which point the projects will start to get scrapped. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah I know. Crazy that people haven’t gotten tired of them yet 

Different strokes for different folks. I was never into the Fast and Furious movies nor Harry Potter but I don't care that they keep making those movies. They've been making James Bond movies for over 60 years.