• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Rams thread

Angel Oracle

Need to improve the outside LB and DB depth, and maybe not give all key players the week off in week 17.

Gurley was more than fine on the ground, but for whatever reason couldn't do anything with his 4 receptions.

The experience gained Saturday night is huge.   Just one question, who kidnapped Cooper and who impersonated him Saturday night?  He played like a college freshman after excelling all season on both kick and punt returns.

Calling it, Atlanta beats Minnesota to go to Super Bore 52.  Defense is solid, they can run and pass the ball well enough, and they have the Super Bore 51 experience to draw from. 

4 hours ago, Adam said:

They need to give up less than 4.7 yards per run next year if they want to have any chance of winning a playoff game

According to the post game stats the Falcons averaged 3.2 yards per carry over 39 runs. The Rams had an astounding 7.2 per carry over only 16 attempts. The Rams averaged 5.6 yards per play, the Falcons 4.5. 

The Rams had 361 total yards to the Falcons 322 but the Falcons didn't have to work for two of their scores being gifted muffed punt returns by Cooper. 

The Falcons had 15 more minutes of game clock control than the Rams. It was like they got four quarters and the Rams only played three. 

This was a game the Rams should have been able to win.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Peters was suspended last year when he threw an officials flag into the stands and also got into an argument with a KC coach.  Since coming into the league 3 years ago he's posted the lowest passer rating against.  Not sure what the cost is but the Rams won 11 games last year (could have been 12 if they didn't rest starters week 17) and while they will likely  have some growing pains adding him is huge for their defense as long as the change of scenery works out.  He'll be playing for his next contract which could be big so barring injury the Rams really should benefit the next year or two.

i think the chiefs got hosed on the deal but have been pretty prudent in this area. kind of says something about the issues if this is the best they can net. a lot more behind the scenes stuff is coming out regarding his character in kc. many wanted him gone, but i liked him and wanted him to stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Rams acquired Talib from the Broncos for a 5th round pick.  Denver was going to cut him if they couldn't find someone to take him and I think it's worth it for the Rams as they now have Peters and Talib to replace their starting CB's who are both FA's.  In the last week the Rams also traded Ogletree and Quinn who they felt didn't fit into their defensive scheme.  The Rams were fund to watch last year and aside from when they play Denver I'll be rooting for them.

The DL will hopefully have Easley back after missing the 2017 season.    Donald, Brockers, and Easley with Westbrooks, Longacre, and Fox in reserve = rock solid?

LB is the area of concentration now on the defensive side.

On the offensive side, can they keep aside enough money to re-sign Watkins?   Started slow early, but started coming on later on.   

On 2/26/2018 at 5:42 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Wonder if a fresh start under a new coaching staff will give him a new direction, and not the same stuff that he did in KC this past season.

He had the same issues at UW which is why he slipped in the draft/ people thought KC were crazy for picking him at 18.

Looks like we are signing Watkins.

• 2 weeks later...

that's going to be a fun locker room. suh, peters, and talib. pretty brash personalities and potential clashes and suspensions....but a ton of talent.

i can generally tolerate the bullshit as long as the team wins (i could care less about someone's character issues or what they do in their personal life as long as they bring it on sunday's) and while the rams have the potential to be like those dirty ass raider teams that lead in penalties every year, they also have a ton of talent.

big ask of a very young coach to handle and manage those personalities. 

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

that's going to be a fun locker room. suh, peters, and talib. pretty brash personalities and potential clashes and suspensions....but a ton of talent.

i can generally tolerate the bullshit as long as the team wins (i could care less about someone's character issues or what they do in their personal life as long as they bring it on sunday's) and while the rams have the potential to be like those dirty ass raider teams that lead in penalties every year, they also have a ton of talent.

This is a good point.   The good thing though is that while McVay is still quite young for a head coach, he seems to have an even keeled way of operating.

Plus Suh, Peters, and Talib might take this as a second chance, playing for new contracts.

For sure, it will be an interesting mix at training camp.  

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

Maybe Odell Beckham Jr. too?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/odell-beckham-reportedly-telling-rams-players-he-wants-in-on-possible-trade-to-l-a/

dzsohkiw4aaj3o1-2-853x1024.jpg

i'm down with the rams and the circus if he comes too. i actually like what they are doing if they can keep those players in check. the one thing we all know about personalities and sports is that winning has a way of clearing a lot of issues up. if they play well things should be fine, if they lose or hit a bump in the road.....or worse, if one of these players doesn't play well....there will be a media circus like what's going on with the cleveland cavaliers this nba season....underachieving, injuries, talent, etc.