• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ten Most Impactful Upgrades for 2016

tomsred

The addition of Upton or Cespedes would be #1 on that list.  The addition of Freese and the shift of Escobar to 2b would be in the 8 to 10 region as well.  

We could have +8 WAR on that list.  That would be some serious upgrading.  

but...muh line in the sand

Signing Freeze would be a gamble but if Arte could be convinced that a deadline trade would bring us back under the cap the line in the sand might be moved enough to allow it. Of course I'm hoping for a strong wind to blow the line away and bring Upton to town!

The addition of Upton or Cespedes would be #1 on that list.  The addition of Freese and the shift of Escobar to 2b would be in the 8 to 10 region as well.  

We could have +8 WAR on that list.  That would be some serious upgrading.  

Was just going to say that. Heck even signing Span would've been near the top of that list.

Freese was neither all that good defensively nor with his bat to warrant bringing him back. He missed a significant amount of time in his two seasons and never has put up a complete season his entire career. The over glorification of his addition to the team is really predicated on the lack of a player to cover in his absence leaving another black hole in the lineup. Freese was easily replaceable if the Angels just had a replacement level player in their system. The Angels traded for that guy. That guy will be playing 3rd.

Freese was neither all that good defensively nor with his bat to warrant bringing him back. He missed a significant amount of time in his two seasons and never has put up a complete season his entire career. The over glorification of his addition to the team is really predicated on the lack of a player to cover in his absence leaving another black hole in the lineup. Freese was easily replaceable if the Angels just had a replacement level player in their system. The Angels traded for that guy. That guy will be playing 3rd.

while I agree Freese is nothing special, some of us believe that his addition gives us an upgrade at 2b.  I guess we can agree to disagree on the value of Giavotella.  I think he's a replacement level player who's only skill last year is something that he isn't likely to repeat (clutch).  I would like to be wrong, and if it plays out as such, I hope I am but I don't want to take that chance.