• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AJ

Adam

Well it is a good point, Vladdy. I think it depends upon the degree to which one identifies with a group. I think my mistake is in forgetting that, because I don't have strong identifications with many (if any) groups, I forget that other people do.

So yeah, I have indirectly mocked people, although it is rarely my intention to insult actual individuals. But I probably should try to remember that when you mock a group or ideology that a person feels identified with, that person will feel insulted. Thanks for the reminder.

Although AJ is probably a communist, he's correct. This is ideology, not self interest. It's like how some cute girls become nuns or otherwise refrain from having sex or become feminists/lesbians, not just the ugly ones.

There are in fact many very rich people who vote for higher taxes. Beverly Hills only elects democrats.

Clearly. Love you, Juan.

Seriously though, I think it is self-interest for many, but ideology for others.

Edited by Angelsjunky

Although AJ is probably a communist, he's correct. This is ideology, not self interest. It's like how some cute girls become nuns or otherwise refrain from having sex or become feminists/lesbians, not just the ugly ones.

There are in fact many very rich people who vote for higher taxes. Beverly Hills only elects democrats.

Yeah, the ultra rich liberals don't care about the middle class either.  They can take a 5% tax hit because they are already making millions.  It is the middle class family that now has to pay $5k a year more in taxes that takes the hit.  They don't care because they can tell People magazine that they made a sacrifice for the poor black kids in Compton.

Edited by nate

Ya, nate, what Juan fails to acknowledge in his Marxist and Communist comparisons is Hollywood does vote Dem and gripe but they are paying the same low tax as the Con heroes in America.  Taxing me more is a Con fallacy, my taxes are lower but I do pay more % wise than Trump or Ben-Jen.   Speaking of which she hired a hot nanny and is pissed he tapped it.  There should be a tax on that. 

It is a small percentage in the eyes of reasonable-minded people, but many on the left are working tirelessly to expand the definition of disabled to include just about everyone. Again, it goes with their political goals - tell people they are victims and that you are the one who will give them what they are rightfully entitled to receive.

I know of at least two people who are drawing disability because they burned their brains up using drugs.

agreed. That one blows me away, as does the death tax.

If you spend over a certain amount on ebay you pay taxes too. Bought myself a christmas gift this year and paid like 100 in taxes on ebay...the place where people (not a business) sell something to other people (not a business). Why should that be taxed?

Besides, a lot of the stuff on eBay is used, and taxes were paid on it when it was sold new.

Clearly salaries leads to increases in costs - but again, I'm not talking about magically creating money but redistributing it. Costs rise because the wealthy want to maintain profit margins. This, of course, is the problem with the minimum wage. An increase in the minimum wage would have to be offset with other restrictions. The point being, we need to lower the ceiling as we raise the floor. Yes, I know, sounds like the evil "S" word!

But what's your solution, Geoff? How do you think we should decrease poverty and strengthen the middle class? Or do you not care? I'm honestly curious.

I'm stumped on how population and cost of living relate - can you explain? (I'm not being facetious, I honestly don't know).

So if you think taxes should be reduced, what do we do about our crumbling infrastructure? Are you OK with the fact that US is now decades behind much of Western Europe, South Korea, and Japan in terms of quality of services, transportation systems, high speed internet, etc. What about the exorbitant cost of health care?

But I agree with you on the military, no issues there.

I personally would reduce the military budget, reduce corporate tax breaks, increase taxes on the top 20% in an increasing curve. I would then re-allocate those funds to abolish Obamacare and replace it with a single-payer system--basically free health care for all--and improve infrastructure, education, etc.

I thought you were just focused on taxing the super rich AJ?  If that is the case you should only be raising taxes on the top .1% or something like that.  A so called 1%er making 380K in California is definitely not super rich.  

top-income-earners-2015.png?187d21

I know of at least two people who are drawing disability because they burned their brains up using drugs.

youd be amazed at how common that is. I cant tell you how many tweakers, paroles, illegals, cholos etc ive come accross drawing disability. And theyre all young. Shady doctors out there that will hool you up for a price

Its not usually a whole lot, maybe a grand a month. But it usually comes after working 8 months of a temp job at a warehouse.

Theres these pretty nice condos where i work. They were selling for like 6gs before the market crashed. Anyway, when the recession hit they couldnt fill them. They ended up renting section 8. So you have these people upside down on a mortgage, paying out the ass, living next door to paroles and gangsters (no bullshit). Was just talking about it at work today how there was this family living there, who was literally on jerry springer, that we found their youtube page. The whole thing was videos of them smoking weed and getting drunk in that pad.

Insanity

I thought you were just focused on taxing the super rich AJ? If that is the case you should only be raising taxes on the top .1% or something like that. A so called 1%er making 380K in California is definitely not super rich.

top-income-earners-2015.png?187d21

yep. Arch stanton made a good point the othsr day, about the size of our country creating its own problems. 50 K a year is pretty well off in a lot of the country. In southern california, frisco, any major city really, its not much at all after taxes and cost of living.

Good point. I wonder how much it could get up to if you combined it with other scams

Not the same, but years ago my ex had a work friend who sh*t out 4 kids by the time she was 23. 3 different dads. Anyway, somehow (aside from the govt aid like WIC), her parents were getting money from the state for babysitting. I dont know all the details, but it was like 2K a month, basically to be a grandparent. That always blew me away.