• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Downfall of the Angels

NorCal Halo

3 million fans is what he got. Then that's on the fans (including myself) for buying into the hype of overpaid free agents. Arte did everything he could do even if he made mistakes along the way. He does not want to go over the luxury tax and that's his decision. We the fans shouldn't get butthurt because of it. We still have Trout, Calhoun, Simmons, Escobar and some good young pitching. To say that Arte is preventing us from winning because he won't sign another long term crazy contract is wrong.

Arte is preventing us from winning by not trying a new Manager.

AO, how do you know that he has made a decision to not utilize good scouts by refusing to pay the price necessary ? I'm not saying you are wrong but I'd like to know how you know that. As far as I know (and I've complained about it on here) they are seemingly not involved seriously in Latin America and Asia. I know part of it is that they don't want to deal with some of the nefarious elements of that business, but I was never under the impression that it was a financial decision entirely. I've never heard that domestic scouting was hamstrung by lack of budget. The Angels have definitely done poorly in the drafts and that seemingly indicates poor scouting. Again tho what evidence is there that it's because Arte won't shell out the money for better scouts ? Seems to me that it's just guys that haven't done a good job.

It's just hard for me to believe that a smart dude like Arte is gonna be drawing the line on guys who might get 70-100 grand a year who are intimately involved in the life blood of his billion dollar business.

To me its not necessarily a money issue (maybe it is, maybe it isn't), but it is an issue and it does fall on Arte.  

For example, if a home developer constantly puts out a poor product it is the owner that is ultimately responsible for that product.  Maybe its the sub-contractors he hires that are screwing up.  Maybe its his own employees.  At the end of the day he is the one who hires them.  He is the one responsible for the final product.  Its up to him to hold the subs accountable.  Up to him to find a better system of doing things so that the homes he sells are solid.  

Whatever Arte's guys are doing isn't working.  Its up to him to change that.  Things aren't miraculously going to start working.

To me its not necessarily a money issue (maybe it is, maybe it isn't), but it is an issue and it does fall on Arte.

For example, if a home developer constantly puts out a poor product it is the owner that is ultimately responsible for that product. Maybe its the sub-contractors he hires that are screwing up. Maybe its his own employees. At the end of the day he is the one who hires them. He is the one responsible for the final product. Its up to him to hold the subs accountable. Up to him to find a better system of doing things so that the homes he sells are solid.

Whatever Arte's guys are doing isn't working. Its up to him to change that. Things aren't miraculously going to start working.

Right, but didn't they clear out the entire scouting department 5 or 6 years ago. It's not like it's something you expect to produce results immediately. Im not saying they should clean house again or not. I don't know the answer to that. Maybe it is time again.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Right, but didn't they clear out the entire scouting department 5 or 6 years ago. It's not like it's something you expect to produce results immediately. Im not saying they should clean house again or not. I don't know the answer to that. Maybe it is time again.

You are probably right.  Still, sometimes people aren't capable of good judgement when choosing who should do their work for them.  Maybe Arte will never get it right in terms of who he hires to do this stuff and that still falls on him.  I guess we will see, but its getting pretty old.

The "house " left when the guy that hired them walked off the job. Klentak and Servais were the analytics and scouting guys responsible for the pathetic drafts.

Eppler is bringing in his own guys so who knows what the draft board will shape up to look like. My hopes is better players. Something that will find its way to the majors instead of being career AAAA guys.