• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Libertarians

I think it would be fair to say libertarians are closer to, and more likely to vote for, republicans than democrats.  

No, not really. Only if they value economics over social issues. I voted Obama last election as the thought of Romney as president was...unappealing. And the further right socially the Republicans go, the less likely it is since they aren't taking the economics with them.  How exactly was George W in any way appealing to Libertarians?

No, not really. Only if they value economics over social issues. I voted Obama last election as the thought of Romney as president was...unappealing. And the further right socially the Republicans go, the less likely it is since they aren't taking the economics with them.  How exactly was George W in any way appealing to Libertarians?

Personally, I feel that economic freedom and personal liberty/social issues go hand in hand. The Republicans are no more interested in economic freedom than the Dems. 

Personally, I feel that economic freedom and personal liberty/social issues go hand in hand. The Republicans are no more interested in economic freedom than the Dems. 

Sure but it is a matter of how pragmatic you are about a particular issue as always. I've heard Libertarians (and I agree with their points) who are willing to talk about a single payer health care system.  Obviously the exact opposite of leaving the government out of things but... if there really is realistically only the options of the current "worst of all worlds" choice where the private market and the government combine to form this nightmare and single payer perhaps it is time to at least listen to the latter.

they inevitably end up sounding like totalitarians. 

What Presidential candidate doesn't? They promise all the things THEY are going to do when the federal government doesn't work that way. The only way to actually accomplish their goals would be to assume dictatorial control of the entire country.

I don't think she'd "screw the country" but just maintain the status quo, which is better than what Trump could potentially do.

I'd still go with Hillary. I don't consider myself a "Democrat" but I generally prefer any Democrat to any Republican. In almost every case.

You don't consider yourself a democrat? Do you know much about Rubio? This is not a gotcha question, I'm sure I don't know all there is to know about Rubio either. But from what I've seen, he seems to be well informed, principled, honest, and not bat shit crazy, which is a plus these days. After decades of getting to know Hillary and her polotics, it seems somewhat impossible for me to believe a person would cast a vote for her, unless they're an entrenched Democrat of course. Edited by Jim

Or maybe, as I've said before, somebody would vote for her simply because they want a democrat appointing the next one or two Supreme Court justices. If someone said they were voting republican because they want a republican making those appointments, I'd respect that even while disagreeing with them.

OK, but let's be clear: those are your concerns and not necessarily objective facts. Many share your concerns, and I'm not even saying that I do not, but let's just clarify the difference between "how I feel" and "how things actually are."

Here's a question: When did you actually feel more secure? When were the things you mentioned not true? When was this (mythical?) America in which the government was working for the best interests of as many people as possible, and not simply for the wealthy and corporations?

(As an aside, I like to watch this clip every so often).

that's a very powerful clip. thanks for including it.

i think the last time i felt that way was probably during reagan's presidency. things have slid downhill quite a bit since then. i no longer feel like government has my best interests at heart.

that's a very powerful clip. thanks for including it.

i think the last time i felt that way was probably during reagan's presidency. things have slid downhill quite a bit since then. i no longer feel like government has my best interests at heart.

Here's a question: Do you think politics and politicians changed, or that you changed in your worldview?

You don't consider yourself a democrat? Do you know much about Rubio? This is not a gotcha question, I'm sure I don't know all there is to know about Rubio either. But from what I've seen, he seems to be well informed, principled, honest, and not bat shit crazy, which is a plus these days. After decades of getting to know Hillary and her polotics, it seems somewhat impossible for me to believe a person would cast a vote for her, unless they're an entrenched Democrat of course.

I'm generally of liberal/progressive orientation, but I'm not a card-carrying Democrat. A subtle but crucial difference. But I basically agree with the Democratic platform in most areas.

I haven't investigated Rubio too much, but if I had to choose a Republican candidate to be the next president it would probably be Rand Paul, then Rubio or Kasich, and then maybe Christie. These three don't scare me like the others - especially Cruz, Bush, Carson, and Trump, not to mention Graham, Santorum and Huckabee. Fiorina is kind of between those two groups.

Edited by Angelsjunky

Here's a question: Do you think politics and politicians changed, or that you changed in your worldview?

For me it's the neo-cons and liberal nut jobs that have ruined most of the good this country had going in the Reagan era.

Electing Hilary Clinton makes this problem worse. She's another Obama that is more manipulative and dishonest. Look at her work the past 15 years. She's had about 10 shady incidents. This is the last type of person America needs right now.

Personally I'd vote for Rubio or Cruz over Hilary in a heart beat. Rubio is the best of the GOP IMO because he's against the ridiculous spending the liberals want but is also diplomatic and rational. 

But yeah, as for the thread...if a libertarian had a legit chance of winning I'd vote for them

Ahh yes, the Reagan era, I get giddy thinking about it.

I will agree if I had to vote GOP it would be Rubio right now.  As far as Cruz please stay far away, Trump is keeping him quiet with his craziness and some people are moving from Trump to him but if there were no Trump this guy would even be more looney-tunes.   I would vote for any of the GOP candidates if it meant keeping this guy away. 

I'm generally of liberal/progressive orientation, but I'm not a card-carrying Democrat. A subtle but crucial difference. But I basically agree with the Democratic platform in most areas.

I haven't investigated Rubio too much, but if I had to choose a Republican candidate to be the next president it would probably be Rand Paul, then Rubio or Kasich, and then maybe Christie. These three don't scare me like the others - especially Cruz, Bush, Carson, and Trump, not to mention Graham, Santorum and Huckabee. Fiorina is kind of between those two groups.

You're a liberal who is sometimes embarrassed by Democratic politicians. We've all been similarly embarrassed. You also seem to be most concerned with social issues revolving around sex, based on your choices. 

If you're truly not a Dem, however, you'd have to say where you disagree with the Dem platform. 

You're a liberal who is sometimes embarrassed by Democratic politicians. We've all been similarly embarrassed. You also seem to be most concerned with social issues revolving around sex, based on your choices. 

If you're truly not a Dem, however, you'd have to say where you disagree with the Dem platform. 

Thanks for your characterization which does little to illuminate what I actually think, but fits me neatly into one of your boxes.

No, I am not "most concerned with social issues revolving around sex." I just believe in individual freedoms around sex (and drugs, for that matter). Actually, this is where I gel with libertarians.

As for what i don't agree with the Dem platform, one example is Obamacare. I actually want single-payer. Also, I like McCain's idea of education vouchers. There are probably others.