• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Losing a pet....

Chuck

52 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I lost my cat of 16 years a couple years ago. It still hurts. I'm not good at moving on and accepting things.

I have another cat, but it's just not the same. She's very aloof and hides a lot. 

Halo was the most loving animal I've ever seen. She was always in my lap, or sleeping next to me. She would greet me every day after work. 

I know this forum hates cats and will think it's dumb but that cat was the best friend I've ever had, and ever will have. And 2+ years later I still miss her and tear up thinking about her. I just want my friend back.

fd663064fc1babad5ff8d0e900807f66.gif

8 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I lost my cat of 16 years a couple years ago. It still hurts. I'm not good at moving on and accepting things.

I have another cat, but it's just not the same. She's very aloof and hides a lot. 

Halo was the most loving animal I've ever seen. She was always in my lap, or sleeping next to me. She would greet me every day after work. 

I know this forum hates cats and will think it's dumb but that cat was the best friend I've ever had, and ever will have. And 2+ years later I still miss her and tear up thinking about her. I just want my friend back.

I have two cats that look exactly like your current cat, if you would like to trade let me know.  Both of mine are attention whores. 

• 1 month later...

I lost both my dogs in the last week. We went to Denver for a vacation and left them with my S-I-L. Vet thinks they got into something poisonous/toxic. My sister in law has cats and young children so she doesn't have any poison knowingly down. I've never been so fucking hurt in my life. I've had to put dogs down before but never due to this. 

31 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I lost both my dogs in the last week. We went to Denver for a vacation and left them with my S-I-L. Vet thinks they got into something poisonous/toxic. My sister in law has cats and young children so she doesn't have any poison knowingly down. I've never been so fucking hurt in my life. I've had to put dogs down before but never due to this. 

That's awful

Lost the guy on the left last August. He was 12. Woke up in the morning and my other dog (on the right) was curled up next to my face, which was very odd. I got up took a piss and called for Kona. When he didn't come I returned to the bed to grab him and he was cold and stiff. That was rough. My other little guy is 14 and still going strong.

No photo description available.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Lost the guy on the left last August. He was 12. Woke up in the morning and my other dog (on the right) was curled up next to my face, which was very odd. I got up took a piss and called for Kona. When he didn't come I returned to the bed to grab him and he was cold and stiff. That was rough. My other little guy is 14 and still going strong.

No photo description available.

I'm struggling with the decision to put my guy down. My previous dog did what yours did and died in her sleep so that kept me from having to do it. Either way it sucks  

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm struggling with the decision to put my guy down. My previous dog did what yours did and died in her sleep so that kept me from having to do it. Either way it sucks  

Honestly, the only credible argument for owning a cat is that you won't give a shit when he dies.

On 6/30/2021 at 11:01 AM, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I'm sorry, my man, that sucks.

On 6/26/2021 at 6:17 PM, Jason said:

I think it’s getting close for my guy. He has very limited mobility in his joints now and went blind and deaf in the span of 2 weeks. Interestingly enough all his bloodwork came back pretty good. He’s almost 12 so that’s old for a bulldog 

3240664E-3372-4727-9C43-2791E9A88F95.jpeg

Well today was Winston’s last. This shit is harder than I thought it would be. 

We had a cat that was one of the most sociable and affectionate animals I have ever been around. Came from a feral litter, but overcame that early start. One day in February, she hid in the closet all day, which was unlike her. We planned to take her to the vet the next day. We put her out on the front porch to eat, and we were going to bring her back in. She wandered off and we have never seen her since, don't know whether she is alive or dead. That was February 19. I still check the intakes for the shelters, but I don't expect to find anything.

28 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

We had a cat that was one of the most sociable and affectionate animals I have ever been around. Came from a feral litter, but overcame that early start. One day in February, she hid in the closet all day, which was unlike her. We planned to take her to the vet the next day. We put her out on the front porch to eat, and we were going to bring her back in. She wandered off and we have never seen her since, don't know whether she is alive or dead. That was February 19. I still check the intakes for the shelters, but I don't expect to find anything.

This reminds me of all the cats I had before I moved out on my own. I was like...23, 24. I took my one cat (the one I had for 16 years) but had to give up the other ones. They were all amazing pets in their own right. 

They'd all be 12-15 now. No idea which ones are still alive or not. Wish I could see them again but they've definitely forgotten about me by now, if they're alive.

On 7/9/2021 at 3:00 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

So weird....

Animals "know" and if theyre able to, they always seem to run off and disappear when its their time.