• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Soto

Stradling

Solid move, they needed depth everywhere, this helps. Now move onto the next need.

Long Term Shortstop

Utility Infielder

(Veteran) Backup Catcher

Left Field

Third Base

The Bullpen

Second Base

Maybe another bench piece?

2nd base will be occupied by Pennington or Gia. 3rd base is going to be occupied by Cowart or Kubitza. Left field by Cowgill or a vet on the cheap. Bullpen help will be determined during spring training.

2nd base will be occupied by Pennington or Gia. 3rd base is going to be occupied by Cowart or Kubitza. Left field by Cowgill or a vet on the cheap. Bullpen help will be determined during spring training.

Based on the fact that you think they're going to blow their wad on a SP this winter, or that you think Arte doesn't want to spend more $ period?

As far as bench depth, the team will more than likely have 4 players on the bench. Right now it looks like Bandy or Soto at catcher, Pennington at backup inf, Cowgill as 4th OF, and Navarro as 5th OF/ 1B.  With Pujols maybe not ready to start the season or DH'ing to start the season, Navarro seems a necessity to backup Cron @1b.  The team will probably start the season with 11 pitchers.

Edited by greginpsca

Based on the fact that you think they're going to blow their wad on a SP this winter, or that you think Arte doesn't want to spend more $ period?

Under different circumstances I think Arte would spend more money now but things haven't exactly gone as planned. Pujols, Wilson, Weaver and Hamilton are the highest salaried players while getting little or nothing in return. The Arte and Anaheim real estate plan is dead and gone. Arte needs to set $150M - $200M aside for stadium renovations or opt out, move or sell the team. I think that if Arte who's pushing 70 doesn't get his real estate deal or the team moved he's going to sell the team for about $1.5 B and let some new owner deal with player salaries and fixing the stadium. I just don't see Eppler jumping in on any $180M - $200M+ deal this offseason.

How much and for how long? I see more short term midget deals addressing several positions until after 2016.

Why after 2016? Do you understand how the luxury tax works? Have you seen how poor the free agent class is next year? Do you really believe Arte would be ok rebuilding? If Arte has shown anything in his tenure here it's that he isn't afraid to spend to try and improve the team.

Why after 2016? Do you understand how the luxury tax works? Have you seen how poor the free agent class is next year? Do you really believe Arte would be ok rebuilding? If Arte has shown anything in his tenure here it's that he isn't afraid to spend to try and improve the team.

Strad I'm just giving my opinion. We the fans are always EXPECTING Arte to sign the next $200M man every offseason. That plan has failed in a big way. I explained the other reasons. Arte has other decisions to make both on and off the field. Maybe Carole told him to stop it already. Most big money FA's don't ever play to their contracts.