• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Soto

Stradling

Getting back to Soto.

Geovany Soto signs with Angels, dries out already weak catching market

Pretty much tells me Eppler saw a weak market at a position and went aggressively to make sure he didn't get shut out.  3B and 2B may be more of a priority atm than LF due to the market.  

Yup - I like that Eppler has moved quickly to tick off UT, C, and a '16 need (SS) all before the end of November. 

Given the dearth of free agent SPers, it'll be interesting to see if he tries to move our starters before they start to sign, or wait for the aftermath. I guess that is concurrent with other needs though too.

Now I'm realizing that it's maybe not Arte being Starry-Eyed Arte, with regards to Pujols, Hamilton, Wells, etc.

I truly wonder if Arte panicked from 2011-2013, when he didn't get other targets and then panicked and traded for Wells, signed Hamilton, etc.

A solid MLB owner doesn't panic when Plan A doesn't happen.   He has Plans B and C thought out in advance, so as to not panic with the wrong move. 

Getting back to Soto.

Geovany Soto signs with Angels, dries out already weak catching market

Pretty much tells me Eppler saw a weak market at a position and went aggressively to make sure he didn't get shut out.  3B and 2B may be more of a priority atm than LF due to the market.  

Pretty much. 

I know many wanted to go the cheap route with a Perez/Bandy platoon but there was huge risk involved because the catching depth in the system is abysmal. If one of those 2 got hurt, you'd be screwed. 

Now I'm realizing that it's maybe not Arte being Starry-Eyed Arte, with regards to Pujols, Hamilton, Wells, etc.

I truly wonder if Arte panicked from 2011-2013, when he didn't get other targets and then panicked and traded for Wells, signed Hamilton, etc.

A solid MLB owner doesn't panic when Plan A doesn't happen. He has Plans B and C thought out in advance, so as to not panic with the wrong move.

Panic Button Arte.

I think that you're on to something. When his moves fail he sends his GM's to the woodshed.