• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rod Carew Almost Died In September

Amazing Larry

Chuck get him to Fanfest!

Years ago when my son was 7 years old we were watching some younger ST players batting in a cage out in Palm Springs. When they finished, Carew was putting the balls into a bucket and gestured my son into the open cage. He showed him how to grip a bat properly and pitched to him for about 10 minutes. Teaching him to hit it right back to him.

Would be great to have a chance to thank him again in person.

Rod was a very influential person in my life and helped me receive a second chance in baseball. I knew him for many years when his girls were young. We would sit and talk hitting and how to attack a hitter (I was a pitcher) based on where he stood in the box and were his hands were to what goes through a hitters mind and thought process during an at bat.

We would then go into the cage and I would then throw live to him and work what we talked about. It was almost Kung-Fu like (Grass-hopper when you can snatch the pebbles from my hand you may go).

When I caught him flailing at a forkball in the dirt. He stepped out called me over and said let me make a couple calls for you.

Edited by SlappyUtilityGuy

Rod was a very influential person in my life and helped me receive a second chance in baseball. I knew him for many years when his girls were young. We would sit and talk hitting and how to attack a hitter (I was a pitcher) based on where he stood in the plate and were his hands were to what goes through a hitters mind and thought process during an at bat.

We would then go into the cage and I would then throw live to him and work what we talked about. It was almost Kung-Fu like (Grass-hopper when you can snatch the pebbles from my hand you may go).

When I caught him flailing at a forkball in the dirt. He stepped out called me over and said let me make a couple calls for you.

Am I the only one that wants to hear the rest of this story?