• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ Wilson for Prado?

I was wondering if there is any match for us to be able to acquire Prado for Wilson?

Looking at the Marlins' SP, they are completely abysmal. I don't think they will open up their wallet to pick up an expensive FA. Wilson would instantly become their #2. 

Prado is set to earn $11 million while Wilson is set for $20 mil. 

How about Wilson and one of Kubitza or Cowart for Prado and RHP Nick Wittgren? 

The Marlins had Dietrich playing behind Prado He is 26 years old, had an ops of .800 in 90 games last season, and is probably ready to take on the 3B role. This gives them the ability to get CJ for relatively cheap at 9 mil and they are able to pair Dietrich with Kubitza or Cowart for backup. 

In return, we get Prado, relief of 9 million owed to CJ, and acquire an MLB-ready solid RP prospect (makes Salas expendable).

Wittgren's scouting report:
Makeup and deceptive delivery play well in high-leverage situations.
Complements his low 90s fastball with a solid curveball. 
He aggressively attacks hitters, pounding the zone with his whole arsenal.
Whole package gives him a good chance to carve out a role in the Marlins bullpen.

Fastball: 60 | Curveball: 50 | Changeup: 45 | Control: 60 | Overall: 45

Edited by marcosantinia12

If you're the Marlins would you do that trade? I think they'll look to trade Prado for salary relief and to aquire prospect, not to add payroll for an overpaid pitcher coming off an injury. That's if he's even on the trading blocks. I think they'll hold on to him until the trade deadline when teams are more desperate.

If you're the Marlins would you do that trade? I think they'll look to trade Prado for salary relief and to aquire prospect, not to add payroll for an overpaid pitcher coming off an injury. That's if he's even on the trading blocks. I think they'll hold on to him until the trade deadline when teams are more desperate.

Doesn't really make sense from the Marlins' standpoint. It's not as though they are on the cusp of competing and are just a veteran SP away from doing so. They would likely want to shed his payroll and get a couple prospects in return, which they could easily do.

Yeah, you guys could be right. In this case, I would guess that one of the most enticing offers for them would be cost controlled pitching? In this case, any chance that we would be able to send them Tropeano and a mid level pitching prospect plus Cowart/Kubitza for Prado and maybe 2-3 million cash ?

They don't gain much but they shred 8 million in salary, plus acquire a solid mlb, cost-controlled arm, another arm for their farm, and 3B back up.

I don't think Prado really nets them any high-end prospects, so 3 young solid players and salary relief could do it. 

We get a cheap Prado as compared to market value, and don't give up much.

I'd prefer to roll with Wilson to start 2016.

If you get the 2013 Wilson, it helps the rotation.

If you get the 2014 Wilson, his contract ends after 2016 anyway.

Yeah I agree. I am not necessarily opposed to keeping Wilson, and think he will be solid.  However, if we can somehow find a good exchange and use his owed salary to allocate into other resources, I like it. 

CJ went 15 of 21 games  before July 29th going at least 6 innings. 7 of 21 games going 7 innings or more.

Richards  went 16 of 21 games in going 6 innings.

Richards went 9 of 21 games in going 7 or more before July 30.

=Baseball reference click game logs

Edited by ispy45

Santiago's value is fairly close to Prado's so if the Angels ate all of Hector's salary that might do the trick but I think we can do better than Martin.

That scenario would be great. What other options did you have in mind? If we did better, I would prefer we do it in the 3B department since it is the most depleted FA position of our need. Yunel Escobar would be a great get, other than that, who do you think we could and should net?

I really like how we can easily offer to trade a pitcher coming off of arm surgery, and have no problems, but if we were to receive CJ coming off a surgery, we would want Eppler's head, Arte's head and Scioscia's ass fired.

CJ may be moved, if he proves he is healthy in ST.  More than likely, as I have been saying, we will move Hector and possibly Shoe or Trop.

Our starters next year like it or not, will be: Richards, Heaney, Skaggs (I believe he will be back and ready to go)Wilson and Weaver.

I really like how we can easily offer to trade a pitcher coming off of arm surgery, and have no problems, but if we were to receive CJ coming off a surgery, we would want Eppler's head, Arte's head and Scioscia's ass fired.

CJ may be moved, if he proves he is healthy in ST. More than likely, as I have been saying, we will move Hector and possibly Shoe or Trop.

Our starters next year like it or not, will be: Richards, Heaney, Skaggs (I believe he will be back and ready to go)Wilson and Weaver.

Depending on the player and cost, I wouldn't be closed to it.

I have consistently suggested Span as a key signing, who had hip issues. I think he's worth it because he will be cheap and I don't think he will be overly affected.