• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Senate Republican Majority Whip John Cornyn (TX)...

I have no reason why, but for whatever reason, when I read this, the following joke popped in to my mind:

So a man walks into a bar, and sits down. He starts a conversation with an old guy next to him. The old guy has obviously had a few. He says to the man:

"You see that dock out there? Built it myself, hand crafted each piece, and it's the best dock in town! But do they call me "McGregor the dock builder"? No! And you see that bridge over there? I built that, took me two months, through rain, sleet and scoarching weather, but do they call me "McGregor the bridge builder"? No! And you see that pier over there, I built that, best pier in the county! But do they call me "McGregor the pier builder"? No!"

The old guy looks around, and makes sure that nobody is listening, and leans to the man, and he says:

"but you **** one sheep..."

Legend has it that LBJ, in one of his early congressional campaigns, told one of his aides to spread the story that Johnson's opponent ****ed pigs. The aide responded "Christ, Lyndon, we can't call the guy a pig****er. It isn't true." To which LBJ supposedly replied "Of course it ain't true, but I want to make the son-of-a-bitch deny it."

Politics has not changed much in Texas.

i would like to have had a drink with LBJ. i'll bet he was a great story teller.

one that i heard back in college was that they were discussing the vietcong in the white house. LBJ reportedly unzipped and pulled out his junior senator and exlaimed "Ho Chi Minh will never get this!"