• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols on foot injury "I'm dying"

Jammer36

He needs to get a fancy doc to shoot him up with a cortisone shot and stfu. Dude is making the big bucks. Suck it up.

I've had it, sometimes you can't just "suck it up."  The shot doesn't work all the time, rest is the best thing, and a good anti-inflamatory drug for me.  As already has been said, it hurts like h*ll.

I'll back tomsred up. It hurts like a b*tch and staying off the injured foot is the fastest way toward healing it. 

I remember when I had plantar fasciitis on the bottom of my right foot I got cocky and tried to run/jog on it too early. I re-aggravated the injury and it set me back another 3-4 weeks. 

The only treatment for plantar fasciitis is rest. It needs time to heal. For those who have never had it, I hope you never get it. It hurts like hell. You can barely put weight on your foot without being in agony. I can't imagine trying to play baseball like that.

Exactly. It comes from nowhere and goes away all of he sudden. It is terribly painful. Hope it ends soon for him.

The only treatment for plantar fasciitis is rest. It needs time to heal. For those who have never had it, I hope you never get it. It hurts like hell. You can barely put weight on your foot without being in agony. I can't imagine trying to play baseball like that.

Do we have selective memories around here or did all of you start watching the Angels intently after 2002?

Salmon had plantar fasciitis.  Had surgery a few days after the season and was ready to go for spring.  http://espn.go.com/gen/newswire/2000/20001006/00803046.html

You all just need to get used to Trumbo playing first and Pujols DHing.  He should have the surgery in the off season.

This is simple, really. As some have said, the best "cure" is rest. Pujols should not be playing 1B. He should be the full-time DH for the rest of the season and then, if need be, have surgery in the offseason (didn't know there was a surgery for it). Trumbo is not a bad first baseman.

The question, though, is why is this a problem in April? Is this another case of a ballplayer being overly macho and trying to muscle through it? If there is a surgery for it, why didn't it happen back in November? Seems like Albert f-ed up on this one.

This is simple, really. As some have said, the best "cure" is rest. Pujols should not be playing 1B. He should be the full-time DH for the rest of the season and then, if need be, have surgery in the offseason (didn't know there was a surgery for it). Trumbo is not a bad first baseman.

The question, though, is why is this a problem in April? Is this another case of a ballplayer being overly macho and trying to muscle through it? If there is a surgery for it, why didn't it happen back in November? Seems like Albert f-ed up on this one.

Good questions.... and where was our "top notch" training staff during the offseason? 

Yeah I'm asking the same thing. It didn't sound all that serious in Spring Training. 

It's not really something that can be fixed with a few days off.  They either need to put him on the DL and see if that helps the issue subside at all, or have him muscle through it with a cortisone shot.  Like others have siad, not sure why this wasn't addressed before the season by our crack medical squad.  We're barely 20 games into a 5 month season and he's already "in agony".  

Without Pujols though our lineup goes from formidable to fairly mediocre in an instant, especially with Hamilton being generally terrible at everything hitting.

Reveille84, it doesn't have to be either/or. There's a big difference between playing every day in the field and sitting on the bench coming to the plate and (hopefully) running the bases four times a game. Not to mention that if Pujols gets on late in the game he can be pinch-run for.

So we're really only talking about 4 times at bat and 0-4 times running the bases. Not being out in the field for nine innings should help and, if coupled with anti-inflammatories, will at least hopefully keep it from getting worse.

A local radio guy here in Albuquerque is a "huge" Rangers fan and did a radio spot where he said don't be like that loser Angel Albert Pujols and go to dr. so and so to get your plantar fasciitis treated. I nearly wrecked my car from my resulting facepalm.

Why is this an issue? Why wasn't this addressed in the offseason? This has been a lingering problem for him for years, so it doesn't come out of no where.

I suspect Pujols convinced management he could manage the pain without surgery like he has at the tail end of the last 5 seasons. That increasingly looks like a foolish decisions by the powers that be.

Why is this an issue? Why wasn't this addressed in the offseason? This has been a lingering problem for him for years, so it doesn't come out of no where.

I suspect Pujols convinced management he could manage the pain without surgery like he has at the tail end of the last 5 seasons. That increasingly looks like a foolish decisions by the powers that be.

uh, its an issue now because he's dying. duh