• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mark Teixeira wants to return to Anaheim

HaloCory22

It's baffling that every time Tex is mentioned someone chimes in about getting Trout. The statement is corrected by another member yet it doesn't sink in to the collective knowledge.

Everyone can't know everything but many act as if they do. 

LOL at the guy you corrected disappearing after being called out. He's not even man enough to simply say, "I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know." Instead he fights to the death being a tool and tries to change the subject. Someone send a search party because he's missing.

I came into this thread with the intention of engaging in a conversation–discussing the topic hand. I have no problem with being corrected, but I do have a problem with someone who has the sole intention of winning an Internet argument (aka you, you and you). 

I believe this is where our definitions of being a man differs. I have no need to discuss something with irrational individuals, just like how I don't go out of my way to talk to Scientologists. 

There's no telling what the Angels would have done if they didn't receive the Yankees' pick. The Yankees actually wanted to draft Trout. 

Furthermore, Skaggs was an additional compensation draft pick due to losing Mark Texieria.

You can create as many justifications as you want, but the bottom line is that the Angels struck gold when Texieria decided to sign with the Yankees. Sure, plenty of were bummed out that he left–myself included–but in hindsight, it was the best thing to happen to the Angels.

It's been documented many times that Trout was 2nd on the Angels draft board, slightly behind Strasburg. They would've taken him 24th without the 25th pick. In fact that was the plan, but Bane as a tongue in cheek move picked Grichuk to give Morhardt a little scare. Plus the whole slot money and signable issues, which I don't fully buy 100%. I will give you Skaggs though, but he has still yet to show anything.

Yanks lost their 1st round pick because they signed tiexera. Had that not happened wouldn't the Yanks used their 1st round pick on Trout before our pick?

No, because the Angels would've picked Trout 24th with the Mets pick for losing KRod.

I came into this thread with the intention of engaging in a conversation–discussing the topic hand. I have no problem with being corrected, but I do have a problem with someone who has the sole intention of winning an Internet argument (aka you, you and you). 

I believe this is where our definitions of being a man differs. I have no need to discuss something with irrational individuals, just like how I don't go out of my way to talk to Scientologists. 

wtf

There's no telling what the Angels would have done if they didn't receive the Yankees' pick. The Yankees actually wanted to draft Trout. 

Furthermore, Skaggs was an additional compensation draft pick due to losing Mark Texieria.

You can create as many justifications as you want, but the bottom line is that the Angels struck gold when Texieria decided to sign with the Yankees. Sure, plenty of were bummed out that he left–myself included–but in hindsight, it was the best thing to happen to the Angels. 

Again, you choose to argue instead of accepting that you do not have all of the info. The Angels had Trout as their number two choice on the draft day board. Strasburg was number one.

This is all corroborated by Bane. Wasn't there even video if this? Bane also goes on to tell the story about calling the Yankees to gloat. 

keep-calm-and-accept-it.png

Let's say just for shits and giggles, Wilson is traded for Teixeira (both with one year left on contract).

Then we have Richards as #1 starter, Heaney at this point is probably #3 starter, and Weaver/Skaggs/Tropeano are best lumped into the 5th spot for varying reasons.    

Who moves into the #2 and #4 spots?    This is assuming Santiago is dealt say for a LF (Hicks?), and Shoe is moved to the pen to shore up the backend depth and conserve his arm with the number of splitters thrown.

And, what happens with Cron since we have Teixeira and Pujols?

This does get back to my statement that this is going to be an interesting off-season, with lots of potential moves existing, good and bad.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Wow, never would have guessed Tex would want to set foot here again.

However he is likely due for an injury-riddled .250 season, he knows there's no urgency to win, and the weather's better. Makes sense for him I suppose. For the Angels, only makes sense to take on the performance risk at a cheap price.

Wow, never would have guessed Tex would want to set foot here again.

However he is likely due for an injury-riddled .250 season, he knows there's no urgency to win, and the weather's better. Makes sense for him I suppose. For the Angels, only makes sense to take on the performance risk at a cheap price.

Being it is his walk year, Tex does have incentive to have a great year to enable him getting a new deal in "17. 

Tex wants to come to Anaheim now when his body is broken down? Wrist. injury/surgery ended his season in June 2013; Fractured shin ended his season in 2015; Here’s a look at Mark Teixeira’s injury woes since he signed an eight-year, $180-million contract before the 2009 season. In the first three years of the contract, he played 470 of a possible 486 regular-season games. In the last three, he’s played 142 of a possible 328. He's bad news, stay away from LAA!  Cron and AP will do just fine...

<<<<<<<<< That's the only Yankee I want on the Angels.

To play where? DH is already Pujol's position with maybe 1 or 2 days on the field, and at 40 years of age, he hardly deserves his 27 million salary (AP + A-Roids = 52 million just in DHs) If the Angels are going to go over the luxury threshold, it should be for a young and upcoming player.

To play where? DH is already Pujol's position with maybe 1 or 2 days on the field, and at 40 years of age, he hardly deserves his 27 million salary (AP + A-Roids = 52 million just in DHs) If the Angels are going to go over the luxury threshold, it should be for a young and upcoming player.

Pujols is 35, but yeah, a 40-year old signed for 6 more years would definitely suck.

And waaaay above all, I'm pretty sure he's kidding. Chill out.

Edited by nikkachez