• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hey MT

Ok, couldn't resist and watched it.

I know people who work for some of those companies.  One of my best friends worked for Mitchell's.  

There are pluses and minuses to the oilfield.  Montana doesn't play ball at all with the oil companies and they have about 3% of the oil business even though they have about 20% of the bakken area covered.

Regardless, obviously the bigger oil companies have too much power over their subcontractors and that should change.  I do feel that piece totally glossed over the benefits of what has come to North Dakota.  Jobs, money, a superfund the state now has and way lower taxes for everyone.  There are people from every state out here working so it benefits those areas as well.

Those things don't matter.

Ok, couldn't resist and watched it.

I know people who work for some of those companies. One of my best friends worked for Mitchell's.

There are pluses and minuses to the oilfield. Montana doesn't play ball at all with the oil companies and they have about 3% of the oil business even though they have about 20% of the bakken area covered.

Regardless, obviously the bigger oil companies have too much power over their subcontractors and that should change. I do feel that piece totally glossed over the benefits of what has come to North Dakota. Jobs, money, a superfund the state now has and way lower taxes for everyone. There are people from every state out here working so it benefits those areas as well.

Also, the piece was focused on worker safety.  You don't hurt business by employing enough people to inspect the operations to make sure they aren't deadly for he workers.

He started the piece off by explaining the benefit to the economy.

I don't get how the companies don't face criminal charges for not following the safety regulations when one of their employees dies because of the lack of compliance.

Oh no, I agree with you Nate. Here is the problem on safety with large companies as I see. OSHA is so focused on paperwork and the fines you can get for not having current or correct paperwork. So companies spend so much time working on their paperwork, and I mean tons of time and manpower that they don't actually spend much time on keeping their employees safe.

Oh no, I agree with you Nate. Here is the problem on safety with large companies as I see. OSHA is so focused on paperwork and the fines you can get for not having current or correct paperwork. So companies spend so much time working on their paperwork, and I mean tons of time and manpower that they don't actually spend much time on keeping their employees safe.

It's not just large companies. We are about 50, and there are more checklists for paperwork than actual training. I could take a picture of a poop, label it training materials and have my guys sign off on it and that would meet their record keeping. It's lame and a waste of time