• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Odor..How & Which Inning?

Homebrewer

Gotta get Ty Odor for that high slide yesterday. Probably going to empty the benches when it happens, so how does it get done, and when.

Early, set the tone for the game? Is it worth the risk of plunking him early and have warnings issued? Probably better to use Latos out of the pen for the deed later..IDK

Ideas?

I'd let the game dictate how it gets done, but it needs to be done. If it can't happen then leave it to next year but it needs to happen. My first choice would be to blow him up at 2nd base. I'd have no problem drilling him in the ribs with 96 mph from Garrett.

Giovatella handled it very graciously, especially considering how young and inexperienced he is.  He said that Odor apologized after the game (I'm sure it was half-hearted), and that the best way to respond is to beat the team.

THAT F'ING SAID:  Odor needs to be hurt.  That was a vicious and potentially career-ending slide.  You don't believe me, look at the replay.  Giov. is fortunate his leg wasn't broken and for a dude in that position, that could have really hampered or ended his career.  I'm all for playing hard, but I'm also all for playing smart.  

However, you gotta hold this over until next season or spring training.  Unless it's a blow out either way and in the 9th inning today, then you bring in Gott especially to throw one at Odor's ribs.  Unfortunately, Scioscia doesn't believe in payback.

Flashback:  Remember when the Red Sux knocked Vladdy out of the playoffs, under a-hole Francona?  Ortiz shoulda got a pitch to the dome, but the Angels carried on like nothing happened.  I totally disagree with that approach.  You can't let your team mates get walked all over.  This is one thing I miss about Lackey.

Flashback:  Remember when the Red Sux knocked Vladdy out of the playoffs, under a-hole Francona?  Ortiz shoulda got a pitch to the dome, but the Angels carried on like nothing happened.  I totally disagree with that approach.  You can't let your team mates get walked all over.  This is one thing I miss about Lackey.

Yep.

And these days rosters change so much that one never knows how long players will be with other teams, so to me, next year isn't really effective. If it wasn't game 162, I'd say let it simmer for a while, but it is. I say do it in a situation and count where it isn't blatant, but give em the baserunner and make it known that, as Joe Maddon said 'We don't start shit, but we will finish it"

Especially after seeing the replay...that just will not abide, man.

Edited by Homebrewer

If someone on the Angels did this, everyone here would be laughing, cheering, and talking about what a tough player he was.  Stop your whining, you bunch of babies.

Actually, no.  I like hard play but not flagrantly stupid hard play.  I'd be embarrassed.  Same as I'd be embarrased to have Hamiltoe on my roster.