• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jeter loves the Big A for all the wrong reasons.

it is annoying how all the transplants come out of the wood work for some of these games.

Way back in the day ( all the way in the year 2000 ) I had an extremely annoying friend who not only was a huge Yankees fan despite never having left California, he specifically wanted to go to Angels games just to loudly heckle Mo Vaughn.

Eh, many New Yorkers hate the Yankees (I did) -- there's a pretty big Mets contingent. And a lot of transplants to CA end up loving the Angels or Dodgers and couldn't care less about the Yanks. 

I think there's a lot of truth to the assertion that half the people walking around in Yankees hats know *(*(*@ about the team and aren't actual fans. Or that if they *are* fans, they're not from NYC. In NYC a lot of tourists just bought the hats for souvenirs. I've seen people in European and Japanese music videos wearing them. They're just fashion accessories, not statements of team support.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

What would you rather have, a custom surfboard, or a pair of cowboy boots personally delivered by George W Bush?

Obviously Jeter has met the president and former presidents, but for the rest of us that is a pipe dream. I would love to shake the hand of a president or former president, even if I don't agree with them politically. So I would take cowboy boots hand delivered by a former president.

The best (by best, I mean worst)....  was when I had a 20 game mini plan in the RF pavillion in the late 90's.  Some guy dressed in Angels gear tossed candy to fellow fans when the Angels scored.

Yankees came to town.  Same asshat was dressed in Yankees gear and threw candy when the Yankees scored. I don't think he'd get away with that today without getting food and beverages thrown at him, at least...the Calhooligans may not stop there.... but back then it was close to 50%.  

Edited by ScottT

Jeets could have said Dodger Stadium, but he brought up the Angels instead. And I agree, Angel Stadium is one of the greatest places to play ball.

Couldn't stand the guy in a stankee uniform, hell, can you blame him that he loved that stankee fans showed up in Cali? But that time has come and gone.

You can't argue the guy didn't have big hits or make big plays when they counted, especially in the playoffs. Sure he had the stankee advantage, but I digress.

Not a Jeter nutswinger by any means, but the guy has upheld the reputation of a respectable ballplayer who keeps it clean, and is a class act (all the while banging an unprecedented amount of hot chicks while doing his best to keep their yaps shut). I understand some of you can't stand him, my mother has even said his smug grin on the television while playing just makes her cringe, but I am not going to hate on the guy for profiting off the marketing of baseball, while distancing himself from the A-Roid nonsense, and just doing his job day in day out.

If he was an Angel, nobody would have anything to complain about. He's like the Tim Salmon or Garret Anderson of the stankees.