• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte Moreno and having a true leader as GM and scouting/development budget

This franchise will not establish ANY kind of consistency until:

1)  Arte Moreno hires a true director of operations like an Andrew Freidman, and then the domino effect kicks in (solid GM, solid manager and staff, solid farm director and development folks).

2)  Tied into #1, Arte Moreno stops having an embarrassingly low scouting and development budget (supposedly bottom 1/3 in MLB), and changes it to the top 1/3 in MLB.

And if Doc is truly describing why Moreno turned his back on Latin America (unscrupulous ways for teams procuring talent), someone needs to tell Moreno how many Latin American players are big contributors in MLB.

Time to put up, or shut up, Mr. Moreno!!!!!!!  

And about every FO employee wearing the same red Halos polo shirt...

What are we, a prep school?

Edited by Angel Oracle

Welcome back.

Case in point..and I know I have posted some of this this in other threads recently....

The first thing that the Hoyer/Epstein regime did when they took over the Cubs (for another relatively new, billionaire owner)

was, even before they addressed anything with the big club, to pump millions of dollars and fresh people/facilities/attitude into the developmental system. The Cubs were at the very bottom in spending on their minor league systems for many years.

They changed that around, put major emphasis on scouting...and the results are already there.

The Angels have a much better core than the Cubs did when Theo took over, so the Angels can do it in a much shorter time with less pain of loosing seasons. But I totally agree that, a whole lot of FO change needs to take place in the Halo Headquarters...

The sooner the better for all concerned.   

Watch Arte "know nothing about baseball" Moreno sign Chris Davis for 6 years/$120 million, and of course see him only average 20 HRs a season because lefties usually can't hit HRs at even a normal pace in Angel Stadium.

Hey Mr. Know Nothing!     Only lefty hitters with solid OBPs should be acquired, to set the table for the righty power hitters.

Many more righties than lefties have had good power numbers in the revamped Angel Stadium from 1998 on.   

Edited by Angel Oracle

Welcome back.

Case in point..and I know I have posted some of this this in other threads recently....

The first thing that the Hoyer/Epstein regime did when they took over the Cubs (for another relatively new, billionaire owner)

was, even before they addressed anything with the big club, to pump millions of dollars and fresh people/facilities/attitude into the developmental system. The Cubs were at the very bottom in spending on their minor league systems for many years.

They changed that around, put major emphasis on scouting...and the results are already there.

The Angels have a much better core than the Cubs did when Theo took over, so the Angels can do it in a much shorter time with less pain of loosing seasons. But I totally agree that, a whole lot of FO change needs to take place in the Halo Headquarters...

The sooner the better for all concerned.

I would love that! But the Cubs had valuable tradable pieces that helped them rebuild faster. I'm sure if we moved Trout we could have the makings of a great farm system. I would love to have a great scouting and development, but it would still take years to accomplish.

And if Stoneman wasn't such a Stonehenge with regards to trading ANY prospects away...... 

maybe that Cabrera trade would have been made, which means Ghost Pujols wouldn't have to be signed.

Between Stoneman being afraid to trade any prospects, Reagins trading almost all of them away seemingly, and JeDi not knowing offense, we have had nothing but mediocre results in player development for the past 8 years! 

Edited by Angel Oracle

This franchise will not establish ANY kind of consistency until:

1) Arte Moreno hires a true director of operations like an Andrew Freidman, and then the domino effect kicks in (solid GM, solid manager and staff, solid farm director and development folks).

2) Tied into #1, Arte Moreno stops having an embarrassingly low scouting and development budget (supposedly bottom 1/3 in MLB), and changes it to the top 1/3 in MLB.

And if Doc is truly describing why Moreno turned his back on Latin America (unscrupulous ways for teams procuring talent), someone needs to tell Moreno how many Latin American players are big contributors in MLB.

Time to put up, or shut up, Mr. Moreno!!!!!!!

And about every FO employee wearing the same red Halos polo shirt...

What are we, a prep school?

I called for a President of Baseball Operations before they hired Dipoto. The GM position in Anaheim is a weak position with no control. After Reagins Arte needed a baseball exec that would've put Scioscia in his place the first week.