• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte Moreno and having a true leader as GM and scouting/development budget

Then if Moreno will never change, I quit this franchise until he sells it.

At least run the franchise like it should be run, with smarts, building a farm through a REAL scouting/development budget, and making strategic trades involving prospects and not hoarding every single one of them.

If he would let that happen, I can handle two rebuilding seasons to create strong momentum in how things are run.

Then if Moreno will never change, I quit this franchise until he sells it.

At least run the franchise like it should be run, with smarts, building a farm through a REAL scouting/development budget, and making strategic trades involving prospects and not hoarding every single one of them.

If he would let that happen, I can handle two rebuilding seasons to create strong momentum in how things are run.

No you won't AO, you're addicted like the rest of us bums. If it was that easy none of us would be here after a game like this. But Arte has already backed off, Hamilton was three years ago now.

It is his kitchen.

To the extent he bought the team at full market value and has maintained the team and the facilities without any government assistance (or government subsidized below-market rent) I agree completely. 

Just once, I'd like to have a good Halos owner.

Gene Autry will always be revered for bringing us a franchise in 1961. But he truly did not ever have a long term plan.

Disney was in it for just a marketing tool.

Moreno seems to be the same old thing as Disney.

AO, what makes you think Arte hasn't learned his lesson? What has he done in the last two years?

Simply put, Moreno has baseball hierarchy all screwed up.

The owner hires the person right below him to run things, and leaves him along to do so and expects the manager to only give ideas but NOT to do the GM's or director's job.

It may be his kitchen. That doesn't mean he knows the best way to maintain that kitchen. His GM and/or director will.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Claude, if Sosh wasn't here would you still feel like they need an executive position above the GM?

That's become the new norm -- someone that sits above on field and front office types and is a direct buffer to ownership.  A person could argue that due to Moreno's strong tendency to meddle -- the Angels need that more than anyone else.