• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

22 hours ago, Jason said:

She is an embarrassment to women everywhere. 

Seems a bit extreme. Especially when you have people like Boebert jerking dudes off in a theater.

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

Lol

People actually watch this nonsense...

“The View” co-host Sunny Hostin blamed Monday’s solar eclipse, Friday’s earthquake and the expected cicada breeding season on “climate change.”

https://nypost.com/2024/04/09/media/the-view-co-host-sunny-hostin-claims-eclipse-caused-by-climate-change/

I blamed it for my knee acting up again. 

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

Lol

People actually watch this nonsense...

“The View” co-host Sunny Hostin blamed Monday’s solar eclipse, Friday’s earthquake and the expected cicada breeding season on “climate change.”

https://nypost.com/2024/04/09/media/the-view-co-host-sunny-hostin-claims-eclipse-caused-by-climate-change/

More reasonable than this take.

1 minute ago, St1ck said:

I have no idea what is going on in this cartoon.

I believe that is the extinct Dodo bird on her head. I’m not sure what the symbolism is here though. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I believe that is the extinct Dodo bird on her head. I’m not sure what the symbolism is here though. 

It seems to be mocking MTG and saying she makes the GOP look bad. 

Speaking of the GOP looking bad...

Republicans panic about post-Mike Johnson meltdown

Threats to remove House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) are struggling to gain traction as his Republican colleagues fear the oblivion that would follow.

Why it matters: House Republicans are vocal about not wanting to repeat last fall's chaotic, protracted speaker vacancy, with many acknowledging there may be no alternative to the current speaker.

One House Republican told Axios any vacancy would "devolve" into chaos, with "nobody" seen as prepared to step into Johnson's shoes.

"There is no one," the lawmaker said, warning that some centrist Republicans may even "go with [Democratic Leader] Hakeem [Jeffries]."

17 hours ago, Crampknees said:

What?  Do you need a mulligan?

Played my last game of golf for three months yesterday at a public muni executive course. They placed 4 par 3's in a row and forgot how to hit a driver after that stretch. Could have used a mulligan, or a Jack and Coke my playing partners offered, but had to play it straight because of a no alcohol or medicine rules before today's ankle surgery. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/04/11/business/truong-my-lan-vietnam-fraud-death-sentence

A court in Vietnam sentenced real estate tycoon Truong My Lan Thursday to death over her role in a 304 trillion dong ($12.46 billion) financial fraud case, the country’s biggest on record, state media reported.

Ippei is lucky he is in the US being fraudulant with Ohtani's dong. 

46 minutes ago, Blarg said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/04/11/business/truong-my-lan-vietnam-fraud-death-sentence

A court in Vietnam sentenced real estate tycoon Truong My Lan Thursday to death over her role in a 304 trillion dong ($12.46 billion) financial fraud case, the country’s biggest on record, state media reported.

Ippei is lucky he is in the US being fraudulant with Ohtani's dong. 

Looks like they did the right thing and bypassed the ankle surgery and drilled holes in your head to drain the canola. 

I have never read a story like this. I only took excerpts, the story is long and detailed, covering the gruesome details of the murders and an in depth look at the man, himself, that has surprisingly shown tremendous character in acknowledging his actions and responsibilities to everyone involved. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alabama-man-convicted-killing-5-122637854.html

Derrick Dearman says he wants to live.

The 35-year-old inmate on Alabama’s death row has spent almost six years fighting his sentence after being convicted of killing five people, including a woman who was pregnant. But now, he says he’s asked the state to execute him. It’s time, he says, for “justice to be delivered,” and “it’s the right thing to do.”

“I don’t want to die,” Dearman told CNN in a phone interview Friday from a prison in Atmore, Alabama. “But I feel it in my heart that this is the only option that would help the victims’ families get the closure they need to move forward.”

He pleaded guilty to capital murder charges on August 31, 2018; a jury recommended the death penalty. Dearman’s parents both testified his “long-term drug abuse was the central problem in their son’s life,” according to his sentencing order.

Dearborn said he tried to appeal the sentence – but only for the sake of his family, who he said wanted him to fight for his life. “They have a right as my family, to try to be presented with opportunity to seek relief from the sentence that I was cast, because no father wants their son to die,” he told CNN.

“What they’ve seen was a drug addict, what they’ve seen was a man who literally wasn’t in his own mind, he was in a mental fetal position,” Dearman said. His first appeal was filed in October 2018, and he told his family he’d allow a few years of appeal attempts. In February, the Alabama Supreme Court denied a motion to appeal his sentence, upholding his convictions.

And now, about 5.5 years after his sentence, Dearman says the fight is over.

“It’s just time to do what I know is right and what I know I gotta do,” he said. “My family’s right was secured; now it’s time for the victims and their families to get what’s right to them and what they deserve and that’s for justice to be delivered.”

On April 4, Dearman said, he fired his attorneys with the Equal Justice Initiative who were representing him during the appeals process. Dearman told CNN he wrote letters to Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey and the state’s attorney general, asking them to carry out his death sentence.