• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

36 minutes ago, Rico said:

BTW, Matt Gaetz was the only person in congress to vote against an anti human trafficking bill in 2017.  

https://www.businessinsider.com/matt-gaetz-once-cast-the-only-vote-against-anti-human-trafficking-bill

17 is too young and if guilty he should be punished but that bill seemed stupid.

The bill, known as the Combating Human Trafficking in Commercial Vehicles Act, designates a human trafficking prevention coordinator at the U.S. Department of Transportation and creates a committee in the department to develop best practices for states and transportation groups to combat human trafficking.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/politics/2017/12/29/matt-gaetz-defends-lone-no-vote-anti-human-trafficking-bill/990407001/

“Human trafficking” is a nonsense liberal term for prostitution which should be legal. After all it’s “my body, my choice.”

16 hours ago, Adam said:

Lol - I went to Long Beach State with Captain Daniel Douglas.  Played water polo.  Handsome as can be.  

Had to leave Long Beach State under, well, less than auspicious circumstances.  Let's just say that "Me too" didn't start in the 2010s....

Well, good for him.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

What did people expect?  You open the borders to minors, and they are going to leave them at your front door.  Then again, people are stunned that if you don't prosecute crime, crime goes up.  And if you give the homeless free shit, then the homeless will continue to rise.

12 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

What did people expect?  You open the borders to minors, and they are going to leave them at your front door.  Then again, people are stunned that if you don't prosecute crime, crime goes up.  And if you give the homeless free shit, then the homeless will continue to rise.

Also, fuck those kids' parents for letting these scumbags do that to their children. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Also, fuck those kids' parents for letting these scumbags do that to their children. 

Why?  Those coyotes did exactly what they were supposed to do.  Drop them on US soil, so that their relatives in the US can come and claim them for permanent residency.  

That's like saying you can't bunt to break up a no hitter.

16 hours ago, Lhalo said:

17 is too young and if guilty he should be punished but that bill seemed stupid.

The bill, known as the Combating Human Trafficking in Commercial Vehicles Act, designates a human trafficking prevention coordinator at the U.S. Department of Transportation and creates a committee in the department to develop best practices for states and transportation groups to combat human trafficking.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/politics/2017/12/29/matt-gaetz-defends-lone-no-vote-anti-human-trafficking-bill/990407001/

“Human trafficking” is a nonsense liberal term for prostitution which should be legal. After all it’s “my body, my choice.”

Is this last quote yours?

“Sex with minors should be legal actually” is a pretty commonly held position in the libertarian world.  Generally they apply whatever their interpretation of the “NAP” is to it....so that’s basically whatever they personally think is too young.  From what I’ve seen anything after puberty or near after is common.  So what ? 14 and older. 

I’m not saying it’s all libertarians.  I’m saying it’s a commonly held position.  Which it is.  You don’t have to hunt too hard to find these ideas in that group. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

“Sex with minors should be legal actually” is a pretty commonly held position in the libertarian world.  Generally they apply whatever their interpretation of the “NAP” is to it....so that’s basically whatever they personally think is too young.  From what I’ve seen anything after puberty or near after is common.  So what ? 14 and older. 

I’m not saying it’s all libertarians.  I’m saying it’s a commonly held position.  Which it is.  You don’t have to hunt too hard to find these ideas in that group. 

I’ve never heard anyone defend sex with a minor. Even most pedophiles are ashamed of what they do

Edited by Jason

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The devil in the details.  Usually these people dont regard a 16 year old or 17 year old the same way you and I do. 

I know other cultures around the globe think this way. That’s probably why quincereas are a big deal as they view 15 as “womanhood”

Also, it’s not necessarily that they *personally* will admit to approving of sexual relationships with younger people.  You’re right that it’s rare that someone will come out and say this directly.  It’s a philosophical issue.  It’s a question of agency.  Anyway.  That’s a slippery slope.  As the kids say it’s “sus” when you have a grown man or woman willing to argue these points.  I think that the co chairman of the libertarian party recently got into trouble trying to take this position.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s not. 

Philosophically it's a difficult issue for libertarians because it requires the government to decide when a person can make a choice for themselves, rather than the person themselves. I say it's a meme because almost every libertarian meme is about this even though it's a non-issue for the vast majority of self identifying libertarians or libertarian leaning people.

56 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Philosophically it's a difficult issue for libertarians because it requires the government to decide when a person can make a choice for themselves, rather than the person themselves. I say it's a meme because almost every libertarian meme is about this even though it's a non-issue for the vast majority of self identifying libertarians or libertarian leaning people.

Like I said man. It’s a slippery slope.  Gotta admit that if someone is willing to make an argument about this, justifiably ones eye brow is going to tilt.  They do get made fun of a lot for it.  So you’re definitely right about that.  But it is a real issue that they frequently get into shitty positions with when they try to engage with it holistically. 

Edited by UndertheHalo