• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Democracy is alive and well on the west coast.

Trump would love this. When he loses, he'd just sue California and say the election was illegal, and he'd get to remain president indefinitely.

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Democracy is alive and well on the west coast.

i don't say this lightly . . . what a dick.

it's not his job or privilege to make a decision like this. this is the exact opposite of free speech/expression.

12 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Maybe. Proper security could be expensive.

Something has to be done though.

think of all the teachers you've had in your school career. how many of them do you think could handle a gun properly in a high stress situation?

3 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

On the top of my head, most of the teachers that are coaches could probably do it.

Fucks sake.  I had Mr. Fujuta in Jr. High and he sat with us all facing him top of the bleachers with his left nut hanging out of his shorts.  He would be the first one who needed to get shot. 

2 hours ago, Crampknees said:

Fucks sake.  I had Mr. Fujuta in Jr. High and he sat with us all facing him top of the bleachers with his left nut hanging out of his shorts.  He would be the first one who needed to get shot. 

you repeated the course, didn't you?

8 hours ago, Lou said:

you repeated the course, didn't you?

Every day in my mind.  He liked to hover around while we all showered also.  When you are 13-14 years old you just think Coach F is cool but later realize that guy had issues.  Do not arm him, he was already packing in his own head. 

Moral of my story here is to think the "coach" is the guy you need to arm who will save the day is lame. 

On 5/3/2019 at 8:47 PM, UndertheHalo said:

What’s going to happen when one of these “armed” teachers decides they feel threatened by a student.  

It’s just a fuc*king stupid idea.  Asking for trouble. 

The teachers job is to teach, not school security. I fully support armed personnel on school campuses but it shouldn't be the teachers. 

On 5/3/2019 at 6:48 AM, gotbeer said:

I don't know Tank.  When I hear security, a few things come to mind.  Unarmed.  Not good enough to be a cop.  Higher chance to run.  Higher chance to shoot themselves or others by accident.  

My sister in law is 'security'.

She's 400 pounds, lives in a motel with her kids, and brags about catching perps at K Mart.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The teachers job is to teach, not school security. I fully support armed personnel on school campuses but it shouldn't be the teachers. 

Disagree. I would support anyone in a position of authority at a school arming themselves if they have the desire and mental capacity to acquire the proper training. And since teachers are by definition supposed to be intelligent, that shouldn't be too big of an ask.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I look at it a little differently.  Just because a teacher is packing, doesn't mean they are going to go about doing security duties.  IMO, what this will mean is that in a lockdown situation, the teacher will be the absolute last line of defense, when he's holed up in a classroom with 20 kids.  As it stands right now, they are fish in a barrel, waiting for some deranged maniac to break down the door and playing duck duck goose.  

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Disagree. I would support anyone in a position of authority at a school arming themselves if they have the desire and mental capacity to acquire the proper training. And since teachers are by definition supposed to be intelligent, that shouldn't be too big of an ask.

disagree completely.

my life is spent guiding these kids and going through all of their 'stuff' with them as they try to figure out life. to suddenly turn that off and be willing to put three in the chest of an intruder (who VERY likely is a former student) is asking me to turn off my compassion and history with that kid.

i don't want to be in that position, and i don't know any colleagues who would, either.

if it's that big a concern, hire security people for this kind of work.

17 minutes ago, Tank said:

disagree completely.

my life is spent guiding these kids and going through all of their 'stuff' with them as they try to figure out life. to suddenly turn that off and be willing to put three in the chest of an intruder (who VERY likely is a former student) is asking me to turn off my compassion and history with that kid.

i don't want to be in that position, and i don't know any colleagues who would, either.

if it's that big a concern, hire security people for this kind of work.

Understandable, but the fact is that when it comes down to it, if you or a colleague were invaded in your full classroom by a deranged person you could either stand there and get shot or defend yourself and your students that you obviously care for. Which is the preferable option?

Also, surely there are plenty of teachers out there already in the world who like to shoot guns as a hobby and who are responsible, who would love to have the extra security in their classrooms by way of being armed.