• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Some advice for the Angels new GM from another GM

Give me your list of managers that you think will be available next season that want to manage. Then compare their resume to Scioscia.

I have not ceased wanting Scioscia to be fired for the last 6 years. The argument that "If you can't name a better qualified manager off the top of your head , none exists" has been brought up repeatedly. During that span there have been a multitude of managers who have changed teams, and multiple first time managers who have been hired during that time. Not all of those managers were household names who would have been known by casual baseball fans. That doesn't mean those managers did not exist. 

Edited by ScottLux

I really don't think the money is a motivator for Scioscia anymore, he has already banked plenty. The motivator is wins, and the championship race. He would prefer to do it where he has the most influence to do it the way he feels is the best and most likely in his mind to succeed. Mike believes his methodogy works, and so does Arte. They trust one another, and are loyal to each other on a personal level. The question is can they find a GM who fits into their scheme and relationship. Or will Arte have to beak his trust in Scioscia, and start fresh with someone new and to a degree unknown.

I can see Scioscia not managing any longer, but I can't see him completely out of the Angels organization maybe ever.

Edited by tomsred

The only way I see it happening is if the Dodgers job opens up, and even that isn't certain. He has too much power here.

Explain power ... I'm not getting it.

From what I'm seeing ... he has very little if any power in roster decisions. Are we talking lineups? Play calling on the field? According to Mike ... he hears the word NO frequently.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Remember the tension and the nasty looks Scioscia was spewing around when the kid, Dipoto, was hired?

I think the choice of who will be the next GM will ride heavily on whether Scioscia decides to stay or go.

Its going to be interesting...and the soap opera continues.

Edited by Homebrewer

The Dodgers miss out of the playoffs or falter like the Angels did last year and Mattingly will be out, and #14 will be back in Dodger Blue.

Seems very likely.

Seems pretty unlikely to me with Friedman and Zaidi at the helm.  The Dodgers are building one of the most analytics driven and smartest front offices in baseball.  Why would they bring a stubborn dinosaur like Scioscia into the mix?

This is just stupid, that GM speaks from his point of view, a gm‘s point of view, everybody loves power nobody wants their boss or manager to interfere with their work.

Will it be difficult for the angels to find a well-established GM

Yes

Will it be difficult for the angels to find a good Gm

Hell no

I'm not asking you to pick someone better for the Angels Lux. I'm saying if Sosh was a free agent manager he would be the number one guy available.

But no GM would hire him right?  After what he did to Jerry?

Dipoto, on the other hand, is money.