• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Let's go get Trout a mashing mate

I know this has been discussed before, but it is becoming clear that we not only need another bat, we need a young one to pair with Trout. Free agency is useless as a means of bringing in talent - everyone hates on the Hamilton signing, but unfortunately that is the norm now, old players on the downturn.

Would you be willing to trade a package headlined by Newcomb to solidify our offense for the years to come? And who would you target?

Nolan Arenado. Elite defense and offense at premium position. I think that it could be done given the Rockies current rebuilding state. Arenado would give them a a great player for years but I think that they would bite if we made a deal around Newcomb, and a few other prospects... hell, throw Freese in there. Their hitters will hit in that park and they would probably benefit from focusing on acquiring high-upside young pitching as opposed to offense which they will get anyways.

I think we have to keep Newcomb. Yes his walk rates are high, but that is par for the course on developing ace caliber pitchers. His overall effectiveness will be based around his ability to improve command, but the stuff cannot be learned. We have a lot of pitching depth, but we need top of the rotation talent to really compete.

I think we have to keep Newcomb. Yes his walk rates are high, but that is par for the course on developing ace caliber pitchers. His overall effectiveness will be based around his ability to improve command, but the stuff cannot be learned. We have a lot of pitching depth, but we need top of the rotation talent to really compete.

Yeah, walk rate is a bit high, but like you said, its par fir the course.

Kind of reminds me of a young CC Sabathia who had similar walk problems.

Pitching wins championships, and if you can fit Nuke, Heaney, Richards, and a combo of Ellis, Shoe, Skaggs and Tropeano into the rotation, you have a chance to win a lot of games.

Personally, I'd keep Newcomb and focus on selling high on Santiago, and maybe pairing him with Tropeano to bring in the sort of hitter you'd desire in the offseason.

Nolan Arenado. Elite defense and offense at premium position. I think that it could be done given the Rockies current rebuilding state. Arenado would give them a a great player for years but I think that they would bite if we made a deal around Newcomb, and a few other prospects... hell, throw Freese in there. Their hitters will hit in that park and they would probably benefit from focusing on acquiring high-upside young pitching as opposed to offense which they will get anyways.

He's from OC so he might be inclined to come here. It would cost a pretty penny though and I don't even think the Angels have the prospects to obtain him.

Edited by Lawrence