• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Weav's 2nd rehab start - FB improves to 83 MPH!

Yes he will. He's going to get starts down the stretch. Question is, if it's more of the same of what we saw prior to the DL stint - which I think it will be considering the velocity is the same as it was prior to him hitting the DL - what will Sosh do? Will he keep trotting him out there despite the results or will he actually make the move to remove him from the rotation for Tropeano? I know what I think Sosh will do, unfortunately

I know Weav has been overcoming the velocity loss over the years but this seasn's drop-off was massive. He's lost a good 3 MPH....on everything.

Edited by bloodbrother

There is no friggin way we can justify putting him on the hill throwing batting practice fastballs from a guy thats ever had great off  speed stuff.  he will get hit so hard it would make a pinball machine jealous. 
I know they want him to be out there but lets be real... Weavers isnt a guy that can throw low 80s and make it work.  If they run him out there like that its ringing the dinner bell

as long as his location and deception are excellent, speed isn't as important as some make it out to be.

How many non-knuckleball, right handed pitchers have been successful throwing 83 mph? That's slower than Maddux was at the end of his career. It's not much harder than Moyer was throwing by the end and those guys were freaks. I defended Weaver through the initial velocity decline but this is crisis point, there's no way in hell that he will be successful throwing that slowly.

Yeah, there's a certain point where velocity DOES matter despite how immaculate your deception and command are.  It's one thing to drop from 95 to 90 and still be effective, its another thing entirely to try and compete with a fastball approaching the 70's. 

There's a reason you don't see guys in the bigs with fastballs below 88-89 MPH.