• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Top 10 Baseball Movies of All Time (from IMDb.com)

Chuck

Fever Pitch, what the f**k?

It had its moments. I like Jimmy Fallon, and I like Drew Barrymore. And I'm married to a Chowd, so I can identify with it.

I can also identify with the Fallon character's obsession with trying to work his life around his favorite team.

As I said before, Any baseball movie to me is good. I really liked Moneyball....I also saw a movie a couples of months ago starring Clint Eastwood, Trouble With The Curve that I thought was prettyg good....a little far fetched but good. I mean, come on...it's got Eastwood in it.

Trouble With The Curve seemed like more a father/daughter movie, but yeah it was okay, not realistic but definitely worth a watch.

1. Field of Dreams (1989)
2. The Bad News Bears (1976)
3. Bull Durham (1988)
4. The Pride of the Yankees (1942)
5. A League of their Own (1992)
6. Fever Pitch (2005)
7. The Natural (1984)
8. Moneyball (2011)
9. Mr. 3000 (2004)
10. Baseball (1994 Mini-Series)

Number 1,2,3,4 on the money. League of Their Own, Fever Pitch better than The Natural and Moneyball?

no, just NO.

For me Field of Dreams is overrated, but I've only seen it once about 20 years ago so maybe should give it another shot.

The Natural and Bull Durham are head and shoulders above everything else, in my opinion. I like them both equally for different reasons and would rate them "1a" and "1b" sort of like Trout and Harper.

After that you have a large group of good-but-not-great films like Eight Men Out, Moneyball, A League of Their Own, For Love of the Game, Field of Dreams, Talent for the Game, Trouble with the Curve, Major League, and The Rookie in some order.

There's also a recent movie about a Dominican pitcher trying to make it, that's name I can't remember - really good and very realistic.

Its been too long since I've seen Bad News Bears and Pride of the Yankees, so I don't feel like I can rank them. Never saw Angels in the Outfield, probably never will. Same goes for Fever Pitch. I did see Mr. 3000 and Mr. Baseball, both of which were rather poor imo.

I still haven't seen 42 but have high hopes for it, from what I've heard.

1. Field of Dreams (1989)
2. The Bad News Bears (1976)
3. Bull Durham (1988)
4. The Pride of the Yankees (1942)
5. A League of their Own (1992)
6. Fever Pitch (2005)
7. The Natural (1984)
8. Moneyball (2011)
9. Mr. 3000 (2004)
10. Baseball (1994 Mini-Series)

For the Love of the game has to be in there

and how is Major League not in there?

Bang the Drum Slowly

Mr. 3000???? you got to be kidding right???

MY Top 10 (Disclaimer: Have not seen 42 yet):

1. Field of Dreams

2. Major League

3. Bull Durham

4. The Natural

5. 61*

6. Moneyball

7. Eight Men Out

8. Fever Pitch

9. The Bad News Bears

10. The Pride of the Yankees

Ken Burns' Baseball, for me, is a separate category, because it's not a movie, it's a miniseries. But I have enjoyed watching it on numerous occasions.

Throw out 61 and add For the Love of the Game.

For me Field of Dreams is overrated, but I've only seen it once about 20 years ago so maybe should give it another shot.

The Natural and Bull Durham are head and shoulders above everything else, in my opinion. I like them both equally for different reasons and would rate them "1a" and "1b" sort of like Trout and Harper.

After that you have a large group of good-but-not-great films like Eight Men Out, Moneyball, A League of Their Own, For Love of the Game, Field of Dreams, Talent for the Game, Trouble with the Curve, Major League, and The Rookie in some order.

There's also a recent movie about a Dominican pitcher trying to make it, that's name I can't remember - really good and very realistic.

Its been too long since I've seen Bad News Bears and Pride of the Yankees, so I don't feel like I can rank them. Never saw Angels in the Outfield, probably never will. Same goes for Fever Pitch. I did see Mr. 3000 and Mr. Baseball, both of which were rather poor imo.

I still haven't seen 42 but have high hopes for it, from what I've heard.

You have to watch Field of Dreams again.  First time I watched it I thought it was just ok.  I noticed I missed a lot of things the second time I watched it.  The movie is very deep and worthy of the top spot.

For the Love of the Game was not just a great baseball movie but a great sports movie in general.  It captures the reality of how a players love for the game often leads them to sacrifice greater things in their personal lives.  It is certainly above average.

Major League is just a classic comedy.

Mr. Baseball, Mr 3000 sucks

Pre 42.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/best_baseball_movies/

#20 Sandlot 63%

#19 Off the Black 65%

#18 Cobb 67%

#17 Fever Pitch 64% 

#16 A League of their Own 77%

#15 Ballplayer:Peletoro 88%

#14 Fear strikes Out 81%

#13 Major League 81%