• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Top 10 Baseball Movies of All Time (from IMDb.com)

Chuck

That list is clown bro - any top 10 baseball movie list that does NOT include 8 men out, Angels in the Outfield and has Bull Durham NOT #1 is a waste of time. Who here would rather watch Mr. 3000, than Angels in the Outfield, seriously.

Here is mine, wait for the shocker at the end....

1 Bull Durham

2. The Natural

3. Baseball - the PBS series by Ken Burns

4. Eight Men Out

5. Angels in the Outfield

6. The Bad News Bears - 1976 

7. The Sandlot

8. Fever Pitch - ONLY because it explains our crazy fandom to laypeople

9. Major League

10. The Fan

Honorable Mention - Moneyball - but they got the ending wrong because the story was about the team who won the WS that year right? Oh...wait.

Shocker...I OWN Field of Dreams but have never actually sat down and watched it.

1. Field of Dreams (1989)

2. The Bad News Bears (1976)

3. Bull Durham (1988)

4. The Pride of the Yankees (1942)

5. A League of their Own (1992)

6. Fever Pitch (2005)

7. The Natural (1984)

8. Moneyball (2011)

9. Mr. 3000 (2004)

10. Baseball (1994 Mini-Series

This is possibly the dumbest top ten list assembled.

Imagine the top ten war movies and Tropic Thunder was in the top ten, That is just about where Fever Pitch and Mr.3000 are landing in terms of relevance.

Oh wait, I just noticed someone put Angels in the Outfield on their list. That certainly raises the IMDb one floor from the basement.

For the Love of the game has to be in there

and how is Major League not in there?

Bang the Drum Slowly

Mr. 3000???? you got to be kidding right???

Affirmative action. Now that 42 is out there I think we can safely say Mr.3000 will be just that on anyone's list.

My list would be

1. Field of Dreams

2. Bull Durham

3. Bad News Bears

4. The Sandlot

5. Major League

6. 61

7. The Natural

8. Eight Men Out

9. A League of Their Own

10. Pride of the Yankees

Fever Pitch is not really a baseball movie (nor was it that great anyways)

I enjoyed For the Love of the Game, but Kevin Costner over acted that movie to crap. 

My list would be

1. Field of Dreams

2. Bull Durham

3. Bad News Bears

4. The Sandlot

5. Major League

6. 61

7. The Natural

8. Eight Men Out

9. A League of Their Own

10. Pride of the Yankees

Fever Pitch is not really a baseball movie (nor was it that great anyways)

I enjoyed For the Love of the Game, but Kevin Costner over acted that movie to crap. 

For Love of the Game makes my list despite Costner's overacting.

That movie is the only movie that shows the game like a game. For those that haven't seen it, it's the story of an aging veteran pitcher (think Chuck Finley) who has been on one team for years, but still pitching well, As trade rumors fly, it's the last game of the year against the Yankees, in a dismal Tigers season.

And the story unfolds of his career, in between the innings, as he pitches 1-2-3 inning after 1-2-3 inning. Until he realizes in the 8th inning, that he's five outs from perfection.

It shows a game as a game, and the emotion of a perfect game as a perfect game should be. It captures that aspect better than any other baseball movie I've seen in the same way Bad News Bears does for Little League, Bull Durham does for the minor leagues, The Natural does for old time baseball.

I liked Eight Men Out and The Sandlot, but neither of those movies depicts anything about baseball I love.

61 was pretty good. A League of their Own was good… Major League was great… I love the Rookie (about the Tampa reliever) even though it's sappy. And Field of Dreams is a great movie with baseball, but is it really a baseball movie? 

Moneyball was good, except they don't tell you the Angels won the series or that the three aces the A's had that year had a ton to do with their success (Hudson, Mulder, Zito)

I've yet to see 42, and may do so today.

One thing for sure, there are way too many ridiculous baseball movies like Angels in the Outfield or Mr. 3000, or Rookie of the Year….etc.

My List:

1. Field of Dreams

2. Bull Durham

3. The Natural

4. For Love of the Game

5. Bad News Bears

6. Major League

7. 61

8. A League of Their Own

9. Moneyball

10. Eight Men Out