• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone know how to look up personal info, like a drivers license online?

Long story short is I received a toll violation notice on a car I sold a long time ago. The Toll Roads stated the onus is on me to prove I'm not the owner and that their DMV search shows me as the owner (when I know they simply looked in their system as that car used to be under me in their system). I can't find all the info needed, although I think I have everything they need except for the new owners drivers license. Any way to get that online or through someone here?

The sites online seem to be hokey with wanting credit card info right away for this info.

I would hope that it isn't easy to get that information...though I fear it probably is

Does the DMV show you as the owner of the car now, or at least when the violation occurred? If not, that should be sufficient...it's not your responsibility to track down someone else for them. Timewarner tried that crap on me once...told me I had to track down the old owner of a place I had moved in to and get them to pay the amount owed or I would be responsible for it.

Long story short is I received a toll violation notice on a car I sold a long time ago. The Toll Roads stated the onus is on me to prove I'm not the owner and that their DMV search shows me as the owner (when I know they simply looked in their system as that car used to be under me in their system). I can't find all the info needed, although I think I have everything they need except for the new owners drivers license. Any way to get that online or through someone here?

The sites online seem to be hokey with wanting credit card info right away for this info.

You shouldn't need all of that.  Just need the bill of sale proving you sold the car dated and signed.  The DMV will transfer any fines on the car to the new owner.

You shouldn't need all of that.  Just need the bill of sale proving you sold the car dated and signed.  The DMV will transfer any fines on the car to the new owner.

California requires the seller to file a Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability within 5 days of selling a car. 

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/forms/forms/reg/reg138.pdf

if you're a AAA member, i wonder if this is something they could help you with. it's probably be a lot quicker and easier than going to the DMV.

or you can tell them you sold the car to some australian guy named max who turned it into a weird looking contraption that chases chicks in tanker trucks across the vast wasteland of western australia.

I would assume when he sold the car he did the title transfer.

The buyer does the title transfer. 

If the buyer fails to do it properly, the car remains in the seller's name and any liability for tolls, parking, or traffic tickets is sent to the seller -- unless the seller filed the transfer and release of liability form. 

if you're a AAA member, i wonder if this is something they could help you with. it's probably be a lot quicker and easier than going to the DMV.

or you can tell them you sold the car to some australian guy named max who turned it into a weird looking contraption that chases chicks in tanker trucks across the vast wasteland of western australia.

Or they end up in the hands of ISIS.

241A8A8C00000578-2876735-This_truck_once

I would hope that it isn't easy to get that information...though I fear it probably is

Does the DMV show you as the owner of the car now, or at least when the violation occurred? If not, that should be sufficient...it's not your responsibility to track down someone else for them. Timewarner tried that crap on me once...told me I had to track down the old owner of a place I had moved in to and get them to pay the amount owed or I would be responsible for it.

Ironically, when I punch in the VIN and plate number it says error or incorrect. There is an alternative DMV site where you can pay $7 or so that has the info (supposed to be a consumer protection site for buyers).

The Toll Road letter shows the violation as recent, but the DMV wouldn't, I suppose.

Sounds like you forgot to file the Release of Liability with the DMV, or else, in their normal incompetence, they lost it on you...

If you created a Bill of Sale, and still have a copy, there's a line for the buyer to write his DL number. 

Yeah, since we moved I can't find it....which makes no sense. The only thing I do have is the text pic the dude sent me when he did the ROL on the DMV site.

I could easily text him since I have his number, but when I sold him the car I told him to text me if he needed help with any functions or questions and the dude went well above the norm of texting about every little detail and question to where I stopped replying and feel asking him for it will kick up him going nuts with the texts again about basic things in the manual.

This is a fantastic idea. I will actually try this. I don't think they will give me info, but hopefully can at least tell me if I'm still on title.

I still think the Toll Roads are just being lazy and using me as I had an account with that car under them even though I closed it out properly.

The buyer does the title transfer. 

If the buyer fails to do it properly, the car remains in the seller's name and any liability for tolls, parking, or traffic tickets is sent to the seller -- unless the seller filed the transfer and release of liability form. 

Yeah, he sent me a pic of the DMV page with it completed. Toll Roads just says their DMV search shows me.

Looks like we can lock this one up.

AAA says I filed the ROL, but the new owner never submitted the title/registration change. Kind of weird because I think I remember the registration always being due in April with that car. So he's behind.

Oh well, dude was a little off. I remember he showed up with his wife to pay in cash and had the money in bank envelopes, but he had them in a brief case like it was some mobster movie. Just funny.

Brandon's post got me thinking.

I have an old beater Toyota truck that I need to sell. Mexican gardeners love this type of truck, and I shouldn't have any problems selling it.  That's not racism, it's just the truth.  Does anyone know if it's legal to sell a vehicle to an illegal alien -- if it ends up happening that way?

Looks like we can lock this one up.

AAA says I filed the ROL, but the new owner never submitted the title/registration change. Kind of weird because I think I remember the registration always being due in April with that car. So he's behind.

Oh well, dude was a little off. I remember he showed up with his wife to pay in cash and had the money in bank envelopes, but he had them in a brief case like it was some mobster movie. Just funny.

call the police and tell them he stole your car

I have an old beater Toyota truck that I need to sell. Mexican gardeners love this type of truck, and I shouldn't have any problems selling it.  That's not racism, it's just the truth.  Does anyone know if it's legal to sell a vehicle to an illegal alien -- if it ends up happening that way?

how much?

asking for a relative, er , friend

Not sure what is needed to transfer a title.  But I would think a drivers license would do.  So as long as they have a drivers license, who cares, you aren't INS.

Unless they try to low ball you, then call INS.

I have an old beater Toyota truck that I need to sell. Mexican gardeners love this type of truck, and I shouldn't have any problems selling it. That's not racism, it's just the truth. Does anyone know if it's legal to sell a vehicle to an illegal alien -- if it ends up happening that way?

Sounds like it wouldn't be worth it to investigate and just take the cash.

Sounds like it wouldn't be worth it to investigate and just take the cash.

I was thinking along the lines of your situation.  If the same thing happened to me, would the DMV turn around and say it's my fault anyway because the other dude is undocumented and I shouldn't have sold him the truck?