• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

In Support of Scio…Scios…Sos…In Support of the Angels Manager

Amazing how many things you can get wrong in one post.

Guillen had a physical altercation with Scioscia in the clubhouse and was released by the GM, Stoneman.

Weaver was sent down because Colon had been recalled from his DL stint and it required releasing Weaver's brother in order to make a roster spot for Jared. That is the GM's responsibility.

Willits replaced Garret Anderson after the second inning when Anderson's pink eye blinded him and he could no longer play. The Angels lost 9-1 so that move didn't affect the outcome one bit.

The Squeeze play was Aybars fault for pulling the bat back and leaving Willits out to dry. Complicating it is the umpires blowing the call when Youkilis dropped the ball after the tag.

The 2009 game 1 of the  ALCS Lackey had lost control of his fastball, curveball and mind at that point. The Angels lost 4-1.

Game 5 he had given up 3 runs and had just given up a double and back to back walks at 104 pitches when Scioscia pulled him. 

Napoli was an ass and Trout wasn't ready in the start of 2012 because he had missed all of Spring Training due to illness.

Yeah, but other than all of the things you listed, he pretty much nailed it.  

Guillen had a physical altercation with Scioscia in the clubhouse and was released by the GM, Stoneman.

BY THE DIRECTION OF MIKE.

Weaver was sent down because Colon had been recalled from his DL stint and it required releasing Weaver's brother in order to make a roster spot for Jared. That is the GM's responsibility.

Jeff was pitching lights out of course. Mike would have had a huge say as to whether Jered was sent down or not. Who knows on this one. I might be really off base on this one.

Willits replaced Garret Anderson after the second inning when Anderson's pink eye blinded him and he could no longer play. The Angels lost 9-1 so that move didn't affect the outcome one bit.

Who was available off the bench?

The Squeeze play was Aybars fault for pulling the bat back and leaving Willits out to dry. Complicating it is the umpires blowing the call when Youkilis dropped the ball after the tag.

Aybar failed at something he had NEVER attempted in the major leagues. He was also a switch hitter, so why was he batting from the left side?

The 2009 game 1 of the  ALCS Lackey had lost control of his fastball, curveball and mind at that point. The Angels lost 4-1.

Game 5 he had given up 3 runs and had just given up a double and back to back walks at 104 pitches when Scioscia pulled him.

I was against the move. Again, I may be off base on this, but I would have left my horse in. 

Napoli was an ass and Trout wasn't ready in the start of 2012 because he had missed all of Spring Training due to illness. 

Napoli was an ass...........ok...so when is that grounds to lose games putting in one of the worst hitters of the last decade in the line up over him? How about sitting him after great offensive games?

Mike on Trout in April of 2012:

“It’s not as simple as Mike Trout coming up and being the answer. He’s not the finished product. He’s still learning stuff every day. Where he is right now is where he needs to be.”

Illness means he is not the finished product?

Dipoto forced his hand and had to remove Wells.

Jeff was pitching lights out of course. Mike would have had a huge say as to whether Jered was sent down or not. Who knows on this one. I might be really off base on this one.

Aybar failed at something he had NEVER attempted in the major leagues. He was also a switch hitter, so why was he batting from the left side?

I was against the move. Again, I may be off base on this, but I would have left my horse in. 

Napoli was an ass...........ok...so when is that grounds to lose games putting in one of the worst hitters of the last decade in the line up over him? How about sitting him after great offensive games?

“It’s not as simple as Mike Trout coming up and being the answer. He’s not the finished product. He’s still learning stuff every day. Where he is right now is where he needs to be.”

Only the General Manager can give a player their unconditional release. The entire management of the Angels front office was behind the move, the owner of the Angels was behind the move just like he was with eating Appiers salary and currently eating most of Hamilton's salary.

You are really off base with the Weaver demotion and subsequent promotion.

Willits batted .297 with a .391 OBP in 2007, you would have preferred Rob Quinlan?

Aybar was batting left handed because there was a right handed pitcher on the mound. You really don't have any clue what you are talking about, do you?

I really don't care what you would have done as a manager, any other manager that watched Lackey's high wire act with only one out and 104 pitches would have yanked him.

Yes, Napoli was an ass and a poor defensive catcher and yet still racked up more playing time than Mathis.

Flu, short for influenza.

http://calltothepen.com/2012/03/10/mike-trout-still-battling-flu/

"Entering camp, Trout’s chances of making the Angels Opening Day roster were already slim-to-none.  While Trout was called up by the Angels last season, there is currently no spot available for the top prospect."

Trout was called from the minors after Bobby Abreu was released (again only the GM can make moves regarding the release of a player) Vernon Wells was traded in March of 2013. 

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/29808520/

You should quit digging that hole so deep, you won't be able to crawl out of it.

Wow you ate on some serious drugs because your are out of reality. Did you really suggest that Aybar should have batted right handed when the squeeze was called? You do realize by doing that you just told the entire world what your plan was.

Did you suggest Sosh should have put someone else in to replace GA? You do realize the replacement had to be an out fielder. Right?

Are you suggesting Guillen should not have been benched after his altercation with Scioscia? The team went 7-2 after that incident and many players stated the removal of the cancer was the rrason. Yeah I am Stoneman had to pressured by Scioscia to make that call.

he'll you even complained about a move on a game we won.

Your post had to be the dumbest I have read in the 11 years I have been reading this board.

Guillen had a physical altercation with Scioscia in the clubhouse and was released by the GM, Stoneman.

The 2009 game 1 of the ALCS Lackey had lost control of his fastball, curveball and mind at that point. The Angels lost 4-1.

Napoli was an ass and Trout wasn't ready in the start of 2012 because he had missed all of Spring Training due to illness.

Amazing how many things you can get wrong in one post.

Guillen had a physical altercation with Scioscia in the clubhouse and was released by the GM, Stoneman.

The 2009 game 1 of the ALCS Lackey had lost control of his fastball, curveball and mind at that point. The Angels lost 4-1.

Napoli was an ass and Trout wasn't ready in the start of 2012 because he had missed all of Spring Training due to illness.

This is a great response

Your reaction to Scioscia's seemingly inevitable enshrinement in the Hall of Fame is going to priceless.

Nice job on the article Glen.  

I don't know if there is a fan anywhere that agrees with their team's managerial moves without question.  As such, the collective will always have at least a few people that disagree with any move a manager makes.  

It's just math.  

For me, there are generally two things that I don't love about his style.  Forcing the issue and sticking with pre-defined roles and doing so for longer than expected terms.  Bunting, contact plays, hit and runs, support of over aggressive base running.  Long leash for vets, sitting a guy after a strong performance, and in particular, defined pen roles.  That said, the more I learn about baseball, the more my stance on the above has softened.  Managers have to use their instincts and only on rare occasions do I see one of his moves being downright indefensible.  

We judge Mike (and any manager really) by a couple of key things.  His in game moves and what he says to the media.  Yet the most important thing that defines a manager is what the fans don't see.  It's what happens behind the scenes.  In the clubhouse.  In team meetings.  Interactions with his coaches, the front office, and the dialogue and interaction he has with players on an individual basis. 

I have had the opportunity to meet and interact with Mike personally on several occasions and through these interactions I get a much better sense of why he has been so successful.  

He's approachable, very quick witted and very funny in a dry, sarcastic way.  He is extremely charismatic and instantly commands a room.   He is well spoken and polished and you get the sense very early that he is in charge of whatever situation he is in.  

Any manager is going to be held accountable by what their team does on the field yet such a large component of that is out of the managers hands.  In the end, the org has been very successful during Scioscia's tenure and some of that success can be directly attributed to him.  He's still here because of the things we don't see as opposed to the things we do.