• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels and Huston Street agree on 2 year extension - Club option for 3rd year

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I really hope you are correct.  that would benefit us as if he were to have a great first half of 2017, we could get a nice little bounty for him on the trade market.  

street isn't an overpowering pitcher, but he's not weaver either. that means that i'd put my money on tipping pitches or a mechanical flaw that's destroying his ability to locate. outside of that, then it'd be most likely injury, and he doesn't look injured. 

42 minutes ago, Billy_Ball said:

Is Street even worth a "fringe prospect", like 7'1 Loek Van Mil (the tall Dutch dude we got for Brian Fuentes in 2010, currently out of baseball.)

Nup, I would be stunned if anyone took on that contract even if they didn't have to give anything up. It's amazing how quickly he has fallen.

you guys are tripping over street. he's been bad only since he came back from the oblique injury. his first month before the injury he had a 1 era and in the 2 months since his injury return he's been terrible.

i'd say it's significantly more likely that something is injured or mechanically wrong and not that he sucks suddenly because of 2 months of bad pitching.

the angels aren't going to get anything or salary relief for him this deadline. keep him and let him rebuild his value when he gets straight. if he does, then other teams have a direct line of reasoning for his bad spell and won't have to mitigate trade return with concerns over a career downturn.