• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DiSarcina?

Why was Ebel at third last night instead of DiSarcina?  The night before, when Cowgill hit his triple, DiSarcina whispered something to Cowgill, and it appeared that Cowgill said some explanative.  While I liked DiSarcina as a player, does anybody have a sense of how he is doing as a coach?  I know he had a rough spring training as far as having runners thrown out at home. 

Notti, my assumption was that Afternoon Angel was being sarcastic similar to playing a video game with Kazmir.

AA, if you do know DiScarcina, then I would be interested in knowing how his learning curve at 3rd base is going.

Edited by NorCal Halo

Hysteria . . .  grammar police . . . it is amazing that anyone can have a conversation about baseball on this site. 

It was apparent that players liked Ebel given their interactions at third.  I don't see that with DiSarcina, and I was wondering if anybody had the same observation. 

please- SPELLING police.

Notti, my assumption was that Afternoon Angel was being sarcastic similar to playing a video game with Kazmir.

AA, if you do know DiScarcina, then I would be interested in knowing how his learning curve at 3rd base is going.

Ellen Bell aka Afternoon Angel has press credentials and has many contacts within the organization both proffesional and personal. Right now is probably not the time for her to breach that line of questions when there is something a little more important happening in Discarcina's life.

Notti, there was no mention of the funeral in the media, hence the reason for my original inquiry.  This to me is the reason for this site--that is to get and discuss Angels-related news that is outside of the media.   

You will also notice that I said I would be interested in information but did not direct AA to ask immediately. 

I understand that you are trying to say that coaches, players, and fans have personal lives and to respect them.  I disagree with you that my original post suggested disrespect.

Also, the tendency to attack people personally on this site is its greatest drawback.

yeah, DiSar's first year (last year) as 3B coach was rough......

I think the Halos had more guys thrown out at home plate and third base than any other team in MLB in 2014.

I, obviously, think DiSar is great and have always liked him -- but his initial year as Halos 3B coach was not exactly a stellar performance.

and what's worse -- last year was the first year of what a group of my baseball pals call  the "Buster Posey Rule" where the catcher can no longer block the plate and needs to pretty much cede the right of way to the runner (our group contends whatever this rule was meant to do , it has ruined one of the most exciting plays in the game and made the game something other than 'baseball') -- I mean a catcher can't play the role of catcher blocking home plate any more -- sort of like telling a defensive lineman he can't sack the quarterback -- anyway the Buster Posey rule has given the runner racing home a real advantage and yet in 2014 we still had guys tossed out at the plate with this rule in place.

But as bad as some of this is -- none of it can top Sosh in that game vs. the M's sending Cowgill to steal second in the ninth with two outs, the Halos down one run and Rodney on the ropes. Yeah, let's kill any rally chance we have by having the potential tying run thrown out at second to end the game with our highwire act pal, Rodney, in the process of losing command of his pitches. Great.

i used to tear my hair out when ebel was 3rd base coach. used to call him "windmill" from waving runners into home. in fact, i started a thread critical of him.

i wonder if this is just that we are familiar with these guys- or are our baserunners braindead historically?