• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bill Maher: Explaining Jokes to SJWs

He's on a streak!

Liberals vs Liberals

Censorship vs free speech.

Maher on leftwing university trying to get him blacklisted from speaking there

"Debate" with someone who doesn't want him to speak there

Him and John Cleese on Political correctness

Him and Bob Costas on Political Correctness

https://youtu.be/w8r6MRcINSc?t=1m26s

Have at it libs

Edited by Poozy

Also, Poozster, any update on whether he spoke at that liberal university or if the university itself came even remotely close to not having him speech?

Hint: Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...

More than 4,000 people signed an online petition calling on Berkeley to rescind the invitation. Nicholas B. Dirks, chancellor at Berkeley, said that the university could not withdraw invitations because of the political comments made by speakers.

In advance of commencement, Dirks met with some of the students who wanted the university to call off Maher's appearance, and sent these students a letter. In the letter, Dirks wrote: "Free speech is a basic right and is not only constitutionally protected but also a value that is encoded in the DNA of Berkeley. And yet the current controversy makes clear the extent to which free speech can cause pain, offense, and even outrage. Our history – as a campus, as a community, and indeed as a nation – makes clear this is an inevitable effect of free speech, and it is a fact that courts have invariably stricken efforts to legislate limits on free speech that may be judged as offensive or even intentionally hateful. And yet as a campus we have, particularly lately, come to be increasingly cognizant of and concerned about the ways in which expression can create and/or intensify stereotypes – essential categories of assumption, prejudice, and attribution – about different identities and social categories."

He added: "While I recognize and agree with some of the concerns that have been expressed, any effort to constrain or limit the conditions around invitations to speak – whether at commencements or other public event – risks compromising the fundamental values that free speech protects. Who can speak freely? Which opinions might be justly censored? What criteria can be imposed neutrally and fairly? Who judges? How can feelings of offense, or hurt, constitute legitimate grounds for limits not just on speech but on invitations to speak on campus? Surely a university – especially this university — has an obligation to promote speech, opinion, and argument at its most robust."

Ruh roh, that's not going to work with your preconceived notions. Bummer.

Edited by RallyMo

You didn't watch the videos I assume Rally?

Because he did say that he was still invited and planned on going.

ps- Maher is stil a prick.

I did watch the video,which was obviously recorded before the speech. I was just wondering if Poozy had done any digging beyond "blah blah liberal university blah blah."

PS - disclaimer and washing of hands here

Social Justice Warrior. It's a term latched on to by the gamergate set to try and label away folks who didn't agree with them.

w/e red. I'm not the one constantly bringing up gamergate on here. I think I made 1 thread about the subject in the early days.

I'm still trying to figure out what SJW stands for.  Single Jew Women?

A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on social justice on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A social justice warrior, or SJW, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of. They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular blogger or commenter of the moment, hoping that they will "get SJ points" and become popular in return. They are very sure to adopt stances that are "correct" in their social circle.

The SJW's favorite activity of all is to dogpile. Their favorite websites to frequent are Livejournal and Tumblr. They do not have relevant favorite real-world places, because SJWs are primarily civil rights activists only online.

#1:

A social justice warrior reads an essay about a form of internal misogyny where women and girls insult stereotypical feminine activities and characteristics in order to boost themselves over other women.

The SJW absorbs this and later complains in response to a Huffington Post article about a 10-year-old feminist's letter, because the 10-year-old called the color pink "prissy".

#2: 

Commnter: "I don't like getting manicures. It's too prissy."

SJW: "Oh my god, how ****ing dare you use that word, you disgusting sexist piece of shit!"

Edited by Poozy

w/e red. I'm not the one constantly bringing up gamergate on here. I think I made 1 thread about the subject in the early days.

A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on social justice on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A social justice warrior, or SJW, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of. They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular blogger or commenter of the moment, hoping that they will "get SJ points" and become popular in return. They are very sure to adopt stances that are "correct" in their social circle.

The SJW's favorite activity of all is to dogpile. Their favorite websites to frequent are Livejournal and Tumblr. They do not have relevant favorite real-world places, because SJWs are primarily civil rights activists only online.

#1:

A social justice warrior reads an essay about a form of internal misogyny where women and girls insult stereotypical feminine activities and characteristics in order to boost themselves over other women.

The SJW absorbs this and later complains in response to a Huffington Post article about a 10-year-old feminist's letter, because the 10-year-old called the color pink "prissy".

#2: 

Commnter: "I don't like getting manicures. It's too prissy."

SJW: "Oh my god, how ****ing dare you use that word, you disgusting sexist piece of shit!"

I don't think that this post accomplishes for you what you thought it would.

Also, please don't pretend that your butthurt over these people doesn't stem from gamergate.

I'm a big fan of people that attempt to inflict a burn on others for using livejournal and Tumblr from the pages of urbandictionary. It's pretty solid form.

Edited by RallyMo

I don't think that this post accomplishes for you what you thought it would.

Also, please don't pretend that your butthurt over these people doesn't stem from gamergate.

I'm a big fan of people that attempt to inflict a burn on others for using livejournal and Tumblr from the pages of urbandictionary. It's pretty solid form.

The only people acting butthurt in this thread is you and red.

You guys attack me, while ignoring the content completely.

If you disagree with my posts then feel free to give reasons to open discussion.

I guess when someone has nothing, they attack the person instead.

I consider myself pretty close to the middle of the political spectrum. It just so happens that the crazy far left loons control the narrative and media, so they have my attention.

Edited by Poozy