• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sayonara Hamilton

FOXSPORTS: Arte Moreno told the truth last Friday when he informed reporters that Josh Hamilton’s contract included language to protect the team if Hamilton had a drug relapse.

The former MVP’s contract includes three separate provisions that would allow the Angels to terminate or convert the deal to non-guaranteed if he was not in “first-class physical condition” or mentally or physically incapacitated due to drug and/or alcohol abuse, major-league sources told FOX Sports.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-angels-josh-hamilton-joint-drug-agreement-collective-bargaining-agreement-041415

Doesn't look good for the Angels if that's the language used in the contract.

FOXSPORTS: Arte Moreno told the truth last Friday when he informed reporters that Josh Hamilton’s contract included language to protect the team if Hamilton had a drug relapse.

The former MVP’s contract includes three separate provisions that would allow the Angels to terminate or convert the deal to non-guaranteed if he was not in “first-class physical condition” or mentally or physically incapacitated due to drug and/or alcohol abuse, major-league sources told FOX Sports.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-angels-josh-hamilton-joint-drug-agreement-collective-bargaining-agreement-041415

So does the MLBPA have to review every specific contract before it's approved and signed? If they did review the contract and let that sort of language into the contract when it was first signed, and Hamilton and his agent knowingly agreed to it, it could get sticky.

... If they did review the contract and let that sort of language into the contract when it was first signed, and Hamilton and his agent knowingly agreed to it, it could get sticky.

Sticky or the basis for a settlement, which is where this thing could be headed...

I've thought all along the Angels went on the attack because they wanted to get Josh to agree to a buy out, putting some doubt in his mind that the Angels could actually win a lawsuit.

If Hamilton agreed to the buyout what does that do to the tax? Does that wipe out the 25 mil that counts towards it?

So does the MLBPA have to review every specific contract before it's approved and signed? If they did review the contract and let that sort of language into the contract when it was first signed, and Hamilton and his agent knowingly agreed to it, it could get sticky.

The MLPA does not get to review supplements to the basic contract. They can only challenge these extra items if they feel that they violate the JDA. The JDA does not address alcohol.

I'm sure players everywhere are going to be eager to come to Anaheim where the owner tries to cancel contracts midway through.

That's the only thing I can see potentially having a negative effect on the way the Angels have handled this. Taking Hamilton to court would be game over for the Halos.

That actually might be a good thing since Arte loves handing out huge idiotic contracts.

I'm sure players everywhere are going to be eager to come to Anaheim where the owner tries to cancel contracts midway through.

That's the only thing I can see potentially having a negative effect on the way the Angels have handled this. Taking Hamilton to court would be game over for the Halos.

Only if they are drug addicts that don't get punished for their actions in which case, I wouldn't want them anyway.

If this discourages big name players who are drug users from signing with the Angels, then so effing be it. Who wants that kind of crap around anyway?

From an article regarding Josh's relapse:

"Multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told Yahoo Sports that Hamilton has told people his latest spiral began around Super Bowl weekend after a fight with his wife. Because he cannot carry cash or credit cards, Hamilton wrote himself a check to cash. He wound up at a strip club and used cocaine."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-rangers/headlines/20150310-report-how-ex-ranger-josh-hamilton-relapsed-into-cocaine.ece

Honestly if this guy can't even handle a fight with his wife, and has to go to a strip club and do blow to deal with his problems, he's got some inner demons that just aren't ever going to go away. What I found interesting is that a grown man can't even handle having cash or credit cards? It's like this guy needs a freakin' babysitter 24/7.

No matter how jonesing I am to blow off some steam, get a fix, or get a BJ in the champagne room, I'd never consider doing it for the possibility of having my kids find out.  I can't imagine how terrible I would feel having to explain that to them. Wow. They would be my accountability partner.

If this discourages big name players who are drug users from signing with the Angels, then so effing be it. Who wants that kind of crap around anyway?

From an article regarding Josh's relapse:

"Multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told Yahoo Sports that Hamilton has told people his latest spiral began around Super Bowl weekend after a fight with his wife. Because he cannot carry cash or credit cards, Hamilton wrote himself a check to cash. He wound up at a strip club and used cocaine."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-rangers/headlines/20150310-report-how-ex-ranger-josh-hamilton-relapsed-into-cocaine.ece

Honestly if this guy can't even handle a fight with his wife, and has to go to a strip club and do blow to deal with his problems, he's got some inner demons that just aren't ever going to go away. What I found interesting is that a grown man can't even handle having cash or credit cards? It's like this guy needs a freakin' babysitter 24/7.

Okay seriously, google drug addicts.  Read about them.  I have to think the reason you are so surprised is because you have no clue what drug addicts are and what they do and can't handle.  It's not like the guy needs a babysitter, he does need one.  He is not a grown man in the since that most people his age are.  He does not think like you and I.  Drug addicts are on a whole different level.  Do some research so posters here don't have to continually go over and over and over again about the way he acts.

No matter how jonesing I am to blow off some steam, get a fix, or get a BJ in the champagne room, I'd never consider doing it for the possibility of having my kids find out.  I can't imagine how terrible I would feel having to explain that to them. Wow. They would be my accountability partner.

YOU AREN'T A DRUG ADDICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Hamilton story running sometime tomorrow in which players all say...

1. They love Hamilton and think he's a good guy and a good teammate. They want him back.

2. They aren't distracted by all this mess in the least. They are too busy with their own stuff.

Also, although this is my personal feeling and not anything I can write in a story, I feel Hamilton's absence is more the Angels decision than his.

I have a Hamilton story running sometime tomorrow in which players all say...

1. They love Hamilton and think he's a good guy and a good teammate. They want him back.

2. They aren't distracted by all this mess in the least. They are too busy with their own stuff.

Also, although this is my personal feeling and not anything I can write in a story, I feel Hamilton's absence is more the Angels decision than his.

I believe you're right on target with your feeling.

Okay seriously, google drug addicts.  Read about them.  I have to think the reason you are so surprised is because you have no clue what drug addicts are and what they do and can't handle.  It's not like the guy needs a babysitter, he does need one.  He is not a grown man in the since that most people his age are.  He does not think like you and I.  Drug addicts are on a whole different level.  Do some research so posters here don't have to continually go over and over and over again about the way he acts.

In the old days these people were just called losers. Now they are diseased.

Addiction = cancer

Amazing how many people on AW have shit that doesn't stink.

And conversely, some don't want to place any blame whatsoever on Hamilton, excusing his behavior as a "disease" and calling others self righteous for not being sympathetic.

IMO, Hamilton made a terrible decision that really has no excuse. I can't imagine that his body was craving drugs so bad he had no "choice" but to relapse. I think, more likely, he was dealing with personal problems, wanted a mental break from them, and didn't give a shit about the consequences.

That being said, I don't think his actions (at least from what I know of them) warrant the severity of response from the team, and certainly don't merit rescission of his contract. The team seems to be doubling down and making a bad situation worse.