• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

more liberal idiocy

once incarcerated, the state has assumed a duty to care for the prisoner

(not in favor of this bullshit at all. just trying to expose how ridiculous prison healthcare is. especially compared to our healthcare that we pay for)

Edited by shellback

Don't know how California works, but in our system any recommendations for outside medical procedures, from scans to surgery, are reviewed weekly by a panel of our physicians. Non-essential procedures need not apply. They decide as a group what gets done and what gets put off. I realize that a court got involved in this one, but we have yet to lose a case in court - and we have had numerous inmates in various degrees of sexual conversion. We don't discontinue any hormone therapy they may be on, but we have never authorized a surgery.

Don't know how California works, but in our system any recommendations for outside medical procedures, from scans to surgery, are reviewed weekly by a panel of our physicians. Non-essential procedures need not apply. They decide as a group what gets done and what gets put off. I realize that a court got involved in this one, but we have yet to lose a case in court - and we have had numerous inmates in various degrees of sexual conversion. We don't discontinue any hormone therapy they may be on, but we have never authorized a surgery.

In other words, you guys take a reasonable, logical, fair approach to things? Obama will do his best to change that.

I didn't see it in the OP linked story, but it is also interesting he/she has been up for parole and has delayed having a parole hearing. I wonder why..

Norsworthy has been in prison since 1987, serving a life sentence for second-degree murder. She has twice delayed her scheduled parole hearings in recent months.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5fbd4dfc58f94358be0a8f9206905d1a/judge-orders-california-pay-inmates-sex-change

I read this in the LA Times yesterday:

To the editor: As someone whose family has been tragically impacted by the murder of a loved one, I was stunned to learn that the state of California (meaning its already tapped-out taxpayers) has been ordered by a judge to foot the $100,000 bill for convicted murderer Michelle-Lael Norsworthy's sex change operation. 

I shudder to think how much additional taxpayer money has been spent on this case.

It's sad to hear that Norsworthy (who, according to The Times, started identifying as a woman several years after she was sent to prison) is suffering "dissatisfaction with her life." But since when is society expected to ensure that criminals incarcerated for heinous crimes should have a satisfying experience behind bars?

We have an inmate who has an aggressive form of breast cancer. We were ready to proceed with surgery, but the inmate kept insisting that she didn't want us to do anything because her mother was arranging everything to be done when she got out. At this point a lawyer got involved and told her to let the state pay for it. By the time she changed her mind there wasn't enough time to do anything. She leaves next week.

We have an inmate who has an aggressive form of breast cancer. We were ready to proceed with surgery, but the inmate kept insisting that she didn't want us to do anything because her mother was arranging everything to be done when she got out. At this point a lawyer got involved and told her to let the state pay for it. By the time she changed her mind there wasn't enough time to do anything. She leaves next week.

well, obviously, your responsibility here is to slip her a shiv and let her shank someone so she can do more time and THEN have the state pay for her surgery.

well, obviously, your responsibility here is to slip her a shiv and let her shank someone so she can do more time and THEN have the state pay for her surgery.

Thanks, Tank. No idea how I got so lax.

She is going to live with her sister so somehow the taxpayers of North Carolina will wind up paying for this, I'm guessing.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan