• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DiPoto/Sosh

shellback

noticed recently how much jerry has been saying in the press about Bourjous being the starting center feilder. Do gm's usually comment this much about individual players and the starting lineup? looks like Jerry is stepping on sosh's toes. what are your thoughts about the gm/manager relationship and how it affects the team.

I agree that they are saying conflicting things to an extent but ill be more concerned if there is still a discrepancy when the season starts...its pretty early. Usually GMs and Managers are on the same page...doesn't seem like these two have been since JD was hired

Maybe Arte saw that Sosh was getting a little to comfortable thinking he was in charge and brought in JD change that.

If the GM and the Manager aren't on the same page about everything, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Healthy conflict can lead to better overall decisions... the key is healthy conflict. As long as Scioscia and DiPoto are able to discuss their differences and come up with solutions that are best for the team, it's actually good they don't always see eye-to-eye. 

On the other hand, if they instead choose to quietly seethe over things they don't agree about, the result could be negative. Personally, I'm confident that they're both professionals and will use healthy conflict to the organization's benefit.

Before Dipoto got here, the manager essentially was the GM. Scioscia can't be happy about the erosion of his influence in deciding the roster. Dipoto set out almost immediately putting his stamp on the team and ridding the club of Scioscia's crutches, Jeff Mathis and Mickey Hatcher. I believe that Vernon Wells would also be gone, had the club been able to find a suitable deal.

being a non-management grunt for most of my working life, i am pretty clueless about management decisions and politics. HOWEVER the professional relationship between these two appears delicate to say the least. i can see one half of this deal becoming pigheaded and stubborn and the other exerting tyranny and being a martinet. i really hope it doesn't devolve into this because with the correct handling this team is world series caliber. maybe the two of them will take the high road, keep emotion out of it, relax and watch the greatness.

noticed recently how much jerry has been saying in the press about Bourjous being the starting center feilder. Do gm's usually comment this much about individual players and the starting lineup? looks like Jerry is stepping on sosh's toes. what are your thoughts about the gm/manager relationship and how it affects the team.

I love how much people read into things!

you guys are nuts if you think Scioscia doesn't consider Bourjos his starting centerfielder

No shit.

Sort of hilarious that all this speculation goes back to the article where Scioscia said PB is in the mix for CF.or however he stated it.  Apparently everyone missed the interview with the author of that piece where he stated that he felt those comments were aimed at placating Mike Trout and his wanting to play CF.

• 2 years later...