• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ISIS delenda est

Half way around the world and all our action has done has lead to more and more volatility.

It is pretty naive to think you can ever change the situation there.  These are tribes that have been killing each other for centuries.  Our actions there have turned their gaze on us as well.

There is a fundamental difference in fighting ISIS, however, namely that they aren't a country we're trying to invade or set up a new leader. It's a belief that is trampling through the ME and killing ruthlessly, and we're trying to eradicate them. That doesn't seem different to either of you then invading Iraq or Afghanistan?

I see a lot of parallels between ISIS and Hitler. Seems kind of obvious to me, in fact. 

Half way around the world and all our action has done has lead to more and more volatility.

It is pretty naive to think you can ever change the situation there.  These are tribes that have been killing each other for centuries.  Our actions there have turned their gaze on us as well.

We haven't been fighting ISIS long enough to create more volatility. Also, this is a relatively new group, not a centuries old tribe (even though their ideas are centuries old). No, this time it's a different narrative. We're not trying to govern; we're trying to stop a murderous gang from continuing to kill their way through the region.

I'm telling you, if they have success in the ME and Europe, they're coming here next.

ISIS is just another in a long line of groups like this.  They are born from US intervention in the middle east.  We created them.

100 yrs ago it could have been anarchists, 75 years ago Marxists or Nazis, 50 years ago Maoists in China, today odds are it's ISIS.  Tomorrow it will be someone else.  We are better off putting our efforts toward defending ourselves rather than going on the offensive.

Edited by nate

ISIS is just another in a long line of groups like this.  They are born from US intervention in the middle east.  We created them.

100 yrs ago it could have been anarchists, 75 years ago Marxists or Nazis, 50 years ago Maoists in China, today odds are it's ISIS.  Tomorrow it will be someone else.  We are better off putting our efforts toward defending ourselves rather than going on the offensive.

Defending ourselves sometimes requires us to take the fight to them in their yard.

I support and still support the war in Afghanistan. Yet it's the perfect example of why it's a futile fight. October 7 of this year marks 14 years since we've been there. For the most part nothing has changed. It's time to leave.

My foreign policy to them and the rest of the Middle east (as it should have always been) is we'll leave you alone and you leave us alone. If you pull any bullshit on us, expect to get ****ed up.

The end.

Because we didn't know it was?  It was likely but it could have been many other terrorist groups out there.

Do you think France has a legal right to declare war on ISIS and invade with their full military force to wipe the area of conflict clean of a declared enemy?

Or should they just act like it really wasn't a declaration of war and leave the Middle East to sort out it's own problems?

Sure because France got attacked.

Do you think the same attack would have taken place if France had taken steps beforehand to eliminate ISIS or did they have to wait until their countries death toll increased to a specific number that is more than an editorial staff?

Do you think the same attack would have taken place if France had taken steps beforehand to eliminate ISIS or did they have to wait until their countries death toll increased to a specific number that is more than an

editorial staff?

Yep.  If not ISIS then someone else.  We keep propping up dictators that put stuff in total chaos.

Plus we are half a world away, like I said.