• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Missing daughter found in submerged vehicle.

Did you guys hear about this?  Maybe I missed it here as a thread, as we've been busy assisting my good friends' family through a hellish time...

http://laist.com/2014/12/14/missing_long_beach_woman_found_dead.php

What the article doesn't state, is that her father and another friend of mine (both fellow Officers here in LB) drove around re-tracing her movements.  And, they were the ones who located the vehicle in the channel.

As of now, investigators have ruled-out texting or impairment.  It's just another tragic accident along the Cerritos Channel in LB; as an EMT/Deckhand on the Rescue Boats, I responded to at least one of these and I believe the number is up to at least ten (for various reasons, mainly that the City refuses to place barricades at the street-ends).

Anyway, my heart is broken for my friend and his family.  I go to offer support as often as I can, but I don't know what the hell to do other than try to fumble-out something positive (which usually consists of stories from our time together working a "Wild-car" ("Felony-car").

Sorry to bring everybody down around Christmas but, as we've witnessed in this forum, life is short and can be cut even shorter.  Enjoy and cherish the time with your families this Holiday season as I am definitely doing!

Happy Holidays to yuall!

Did you guys hear about this?  Maybe I missed it here as a thread, as we've been busy assisting my good friends' family through a hellish time...

http://laist.com/2014/12/14/missing_long_beach_woman_found_dead.php

What the article doesn't state, is that her father and another friend of mine (both fellow Officers here in LB) drove around re-tracing her movements.  And, they were the ones who located the vehicle in the channel.

As of now, investigators have ruled-out texting or impairment.  It's just another tragic accident along the Cerritos Channel in LB; as an EMT/Deckhand on the Rescue Boats, I responded to at least one of these and I believe the number is up to at least ten (for various reasons, mainly that the City refuses to place barricades at the street-ends).

Anyway, my heart is broken for my friend and his family.  I go to offer support as often as I can, but I don't know what the hell to do other than try to fumble-out something positive (which usually consists of stories from our time together working a "Wild-car" ("Felony-car").

Sorry to bring everybody down around Christmas but, as we've witnessed in this forum, life is short and can be cut even shorter.  Enjoy and cherish the time with your families this Holiday season as I am definitely doing!

Happy Holidays to yuall!

LBhalos, with all due respect to this family, my daughter told me the exact opposite regarding 'impairment' - she had just left her bf's house, correct?  My daughter is 'friend of a friend' and this is certainly second or thirdhand information, but the word with the young people was 'impairmnent'.

It was incredibly sad to see this play out on the lakewood facebook page.  The morning after, the parents are looking for this young girl.... then the following day, you get the news.  She looks like she was a sweet young girl.

In looking at a satellite photo of what I presume to be the location of this, it looks like a clearly defined street/circle, perhaps even with trees or shrubbery at the end.

Not that that makes this any less tragic, but it makes me wonder if something else contributed to this. Just seems odd that a driver operating under normal conditions wouldn't see that the road ended. Maybe she had a medical condition that contributed, or maybe she was impaired.

Edited by wopphil