• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rasmus

NachoPop

As per team plans, he'll going with a little different approach this offseason and will be looking at getting extended.  I'm told this won't be an offseason thing though, more like a year long process and they'll be cautious with him.  Just reading between the lines, they'll probably limit him to 60-70 pitches to start and maybe by the end of the year, do what they did with Santiago and stretch him up to 90. 

So I wouldn't him to be a starter right away, or at least one in the traditional sense.  But if his stuff stays as crisp as it did late last season and he doesn't experience any deterioration in health like he did with the Braves, I think we'll see him make the switch like Wilson did. 

Honestly, it's a gutsy move for Rasmus.  As a reliever, there's a good chance he'll be on the major league roster for the majority of this season.  By transitioning into a rotation piece, he's willingly subjecting himself to AA or AAA for a certain amount of time.  It's not exactly as cush as the major leagues.  Being in Salt Lake can torpedo ones confidence.  

It's a huge leap he's making.  But it's his dream to be a major league starter, and he never let go of it. I will say this, if he makes it, it's going to make that Scott Downs to the Braves trade look AMAZING.  With Cory's arsenal, he could become much more than a back-end starter. 

Just keep extending his limits each month next year. Personally, I would be fine with him being a 2-3 inning reliever. There's a ton of value in a guy who can give you multiple innings in the pen. It allows you to carry an extra bench player(maybe a speedster type like Campana) or you can keep other arms in the bullpen fresh. 

My biggest issue with putting Rasmus in the rotation is that it makes the pen that much weaker. Jeppy, pestano, and Sally are all sonewhat question marks IMO.

Jepsen will forever be a question mark in my mind.  ?but at this point we have to roll with him being a 7th inning option.  If he falters, no harm-no foul, Mike Morin can take over.  As for for Pestano, the Angels bought him for pennies on the dollar.  I see no reason why he can't be just as good as he was a couple years ago.  He'll be very good for the Angels.  Salas, yeah I know what you mean.  But that's why we have Bedrosian, Diaz, Gott, Reynolds, Alcantara, Wood etc.  Guys that have the talent to thrive in the major leagues but are still just an adjustment or two away. 

The key is, can Jepsen repeat success from the previous season? He has never strung together two full solid MLB seasons.

Well, if you think about it his previous mentors, so to speak, were Fuentes, Fernando and Freiri, the three F's. This year he had Smith and Street to use as a reference as how to pitch in pressure situations.