• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anti-Oxidants

Adam

I mainly know more about foods opposed to supplements.

Milk Thistle is an absolute liver cleanser. I know full blown alcoholics that take this because of the amount they drink daily and get perfect scores across the board on their physicals and these dudes are in their 70's.

Blackberries are a favorite. Very easy to grow if you have a little open stretch of wall in a back yard (triple crown is a good thornless variety). I canned about 30 jars of blackberry jam last year. Good in smoothies or on pancakes or waffles.

I'll be planting some Ashitaba plants next spring in the greenhouse. It's a potent antioxidant.

The only supps I take beyond diet are COQ10 and PQQ(pricey but worth it).

I mainly know more about foods opposed to supplements.

Milk Thistle is an absolute liver cleanser. I know full blown alcoholics that take this because of the amount they drink daily and get perfect scores across the board on their physicals and these dudes are in their 70's.

Might have to try the Milk Thistle.  Never heard of it, but looking it up, some interesting stuff there.

Do you taste the kale/spinach in the smoothies?

Anyone do Ginseng?

Not really. The ones we make at home are packed with spinach or kale but if you throw in apple or pineapple it is too overbearing and kills the "leafy" taste.

We've actually been hitting up Growl a bit recently in Orange Circle. Has anyone been? It's basically a fresh cold pressed juicing place...all organic and you have to drink the drinks within 3 days or they go bad. It's expensive as the 16oz bottles are $9 each. They have growlers as well for like $32 or something like that. These drinks have more of the grassy/leafy/minty bite and taste, but are surprisingly not bad at all and don't have the fruits in them to cover up the leafy taste.....I hate leafy greens but even find the mixes they do to be pretty decent. I never thought I'd ever drink beet juice mixed with other greens, etc. They have a bunch of different types and I actually feel a good health boost afterwords.

I think we are getting a juicer this weekend and are going to try these methods opposed to the blender with the green smoothies. I want to try juicing and think I can take it after having a few of the different Growl drinks.

Oh, here's the link. Their website isn't finished so everyone uses their Yelp page.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/growl-juice-pub-orange#tp5t1vsIno8CpZm-vRvf2w

Edited by Brandon