• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

College baseball 2013!

NCAA D! Baseball 2013  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win it all in D1 NCAA this year?

• Arkansas
    • Vanderbilt
    • North Carolina
    • LSU
    • UCLA
    • South Carolina
    • Florida
    • Fullerton
    • Irvine
    • Long Beach State

I'm a Long Beach State Dirtbags guy, but I thought it'd be better to have a thread going for ALL of college baseball.

I prefer the college game to MLB, mostly because of the relationships I have with the team from year to year.  Even when the Weav comes around, we end up talking more about the prospects for this years' Bags team.

Who are the teams/players everybody's following this season?

Are we supposed to just vote for our favorite team?

Yeah... I usually end-up going to more College games than Angels during the year.  I'm hoping we have some College baseball fans in here to point us toward players/teams to watch and other interesting stuff going on during the season.

I did the poll from the pre-season rankings... and had to add my Dirtbags  :P

The Bags are, however, off to a great start!  They had leads against #2/4 Vandy in all three games of the opening series, but only won one.  They should have swept two from #10 Arizona (went 1-1), and just swept Valpo this last weekend.  The hits are more plentiful than expected, and Josh Guerra hit a monster hr out of Blair Field last week! (An achievement on a sun-splashed Sunday afternoon; he did it during a down-pour of rain on a Tuesday night!).

As far as I understand it, not much is expected from USC this year; the Bags will be visiting this tuesday (we might fire-up and make the trip).  UCLA looks to be the class of the West this year.

Saddens me to see what's become of SC baseball. I played Frosh ball there in 77. Was the premiere program in the US back then.

Yep...  It's a football school; baseball is an after-thought.

btw..They beat LB St. 4-1 tonight in the only meeting of the season.

Yeah... I usually end-up going to more College games than Angels during the year.  I'm hoping we have some College baseball fans in here to point us toward players/teams to watch and other interesting stuff going on during the season.

I did the poll from the pre-season rankings... and had to add my Dirtbags  :P

The Bags are, however, off to a great start!  They had leads against #2/4 Vandy in all three games of the opening series, but only won one.  They should have swept two from #10 Arizona (went 1-1), and just swept Valpo this last weekend.  The hits are more plentiful than expected, and Josh Guerra hit a monster hr out of Blair Field last week! (An achievement on a sun-splashed Sunday afternoon; he did it during a down-pour of rain on a Tuesday night!).

As far as I understand it, not much is expected from USC this year; the Bags will be visiting this tuesday (we might fire-up and make the trip).  UCLA looks to be the class of the West this year.

Not sure about that.  The West will be loaded.  Oregon St, Oregon, UofA, Stanford, UCI and CSJM are all good.

Not sure about that.  The West will be loaded.  Oregon St, Oregon, UofA, Stanford, UCI and CSJM are all good.

The West will get shunned as always... The bubble teams will not have a chance.  NCAA usually stacks West regionals against our Conference winners too.  East Coast bias is alive and well.

So much for my perfect baseball weekend... I was hoping to be rolling into Tempe this weekend for some Halos games, and the Dirtbags series at ASU but NOOOO, my buddy dragged his feet, and we'll be out next weekend.

It's probly better this way, as ASU is ranked #24.  They are off probation, and off to a good start.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1

Bruins beat southern cal 6-1

that makes it 5 straight vs trogans,  and 20 of 25

I'm still pretty high on the Bruins, though the only quality opponent they've won against so far is Baylor.  They were shut-out by #20 Oklahoma; hopefully that's a wake-up call.  Their offense didn't really impress when they visited Blair Field last week, but they still found a way to win.

Their schedule gets a lot tougher now... They will see Fullerton and Irvine, and visit ASU.