• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

weird AM PM experience this morning

What's with 7-11 workers never giving me a bag! I'll buy 2 snickers, a twix, orbit gum, bag of chips, a slurpee and condoms. But yet they'll ring me up and say have a nice day and flip shit when i ask for a f+cking bag... F'n wankers... Does anyone else experience this or is it just sh+tty Simi Valley 7-11's??

Like the same regard of which most people hold lawyers?

Lawyers deserve to be held in low regard. You can say just about anything bad you want about them and it will probably be warranted.

Other than Cals, of course.

Edited by wopphil

Nice back pedaling. You got caught saying something incorrect and stupid, just accept that and we'll all be on our merry way.

Actually dude, you are wrong. My remark about Indians being Middle Easterners was 100% in jest. It was intended to be funny, not to upset those of you who get so easily upset. And that should have been pretty obvious, seeing as how Indians aren't Middle Easterners. But again, some of you choose to make issues out of nothing.

Actually dude, you are wrong. My remark about Indians being Middle Easterners was 100% in jest. It was intended to be funny, not to upset those of you who get so easily upset. And that should have been pretty obvious, seeing as how Indians aren't Middle Easterners. But again, some of you choose to make issues out of nothing.

Backpedal.jpg

What's with 7-11 workers never giving me a bag! I'll buy 2 snickers, a twix, orbit gum, bag of chips, a slurpee and condoms. But yet they'll ring me up and say have a nice day and flip shit when i ask for a f+cking bag... F'n wankers... Does anyone else experience this or is it just sh+tty Simi Valley 7-11's??

Getting gas in the way home from AZ yesterday I had a can of redbull, water and a bag of trail mix and the counter person put it in a bag without asking. So yeah, Simi Valley is a shithole.

ah yes, the ad hominem strategy. For the one with no true rebuttal.

You know nothing about me, yet you have chosen to assume the absolute worst of me because you claim an obviously farcical comment is proof that I am "racist." So either you are picking a fight, which is possible since you like to play internet tough guy, or you are rushing to judgment about people based on short written message board comments. Either way, you are choosing to be adversarial. Again, easy to do from a computer in Montana.

And for the record, I have never had a bad interaction with an Indian person. In college, one of my best friends was Indian. He is a kind, generous person, with whom I am still friends. It would be hard for me to dislike Indians after such a positive experience with my friend. But go ahead and keep calling me racist.

Edited by wopphil

To be fair, it could have been racist for the OP to call the guy Indian.

You handled it well OP. I might not have been so nice and am an asshole about dumb shit like that......maybe going back to the machine and taking a small portion of the cups and throwing them in the trash.

That shit bugs me.

Yeah, I don't have a lot of patience for this type of petty BS.  Especially when it's the store's/employee's fault.  I would've been a bit louder in voicing my aggravation, and left the items on the counter as well.  Probably wouldn't be back to that particular spot for a while.

Bat-  You may want to go on the lamb, tho!  You don't have the protection of Prop 47 up there!

You know nothing about me, yet you have chosen to assume the absolute worst of me because you claim an obviously farcical comment is proof that I am "racist." So either you are picking a fight, which is possible since you like to play internet tough guy, or you are rushing to judgment about people based on short written message board comments. Either way, you are choosing to be adversarial. Again, easy to do from a computer in Montana.

And for the record, I have never had a bad interaction with an Indian person. In college, one of my best friends was Indian. He is a kind, generous person, with whom I am still friends. It would be hard for me to dislike Indians after such a positive experience with my friend. But go ahead and keep calling me racist.

You are correct, I know nothing about you.  It is why I paid attention to call the comment racist and not you Phil.  You can see the difference, can't you?

A comment can't be racist MT, only a person. And a person can't be racist unless he/she has sincerely held racist beliefs. Words by themselves don't have meaning.

I went back and re-read my original post. Again, it seems to me that any reasonable person would not have struggled to see the comment was a joke. Most people know Indians are not considered Middle Easterners, and therefore would have understood I wasn't being serious.

And you are obviously a smart person, so I struggle to believe you didn't get the joke. Instead, I think you looked for a reason to pick a fight, which I think you often do on here.

Edited by wopphil