• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hey Trout, SWING AT THE FIRST PITCH

Angelfish

hey, what's going on here with this ? it's automatic, he takes the first pitch and all the opposing pitchers know it and groove one down the middle-- strike one.

might as well skip all that and just start with an 0-1 count when Trout bats.

OK, you're in a slump, you strike out a lot -- so you automatically take strike one every time and start your AB with 0-1 count? 

HUH?

All I want is to see him mix it up at least once. It's the postseason. The scouting report is out....and he's had to have seen the way they've been pitching to him all series. Just once, sit on/look for that fastball right down the middle on the first pitch and if they pump that in there, turn on it. Just one AB, give them something to think about.

I agree with the OP, however, it's not that Trout should be up there swinging at the first pitch, it's that he should be READY to hit a salami right down the middle of the plate during every pitch of the at-bat. Why he's up there not taking advantage of the batting practice first pitches he's been given time and time again is really getting old.

A lot of the at-bats I've seen on this team during these 2 games have been completely defensive. It's like they're up there guessing, either swinging way early, or way late. They should be up there ready to take advantage of the ONE pitch during the at bat that they don't have to guess at.

Trout did swing at a first pitch fastball in Game 1 and he popped it up.  He does need to swing at strike 1 more but he's had several hittable pitches that he's missed badly so he just plain doesn't have a clue what he's doing right now.  

He needs to stop with that mental game already.

He's looking like ARod now in the playoffs.

He needs to Jeter . There, I said it .

Based on his play the first two games he deserves it. It's not that I think he sucks. But he is the MVP. He needs to perform when the team needs it most. He has had so many opportunities to drive in a go ahead run and failed. Hopefully this is a learning experience and he adjust. But he deserves more criticism than Hamilton.

leave it to this board to belittle the greatest baseball player since mantle.