• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Team MVP?

Inside Pitch

Has anyone been more valuable to the Halos this year than Shoemaker?  Particularly after losing Richards for the season?   Shoe's given the Halos 130 innings of front half of the rotation performance from out of nowhere.

You can make a case for Kole Calhoun and how he's filled a gap in the lineup that has existed since Figgins went to Seattle, but Shoe's been a shot in the arm in an area of extreme need.  Crazy to think a guy could go from unheralded minor leaguer to the team MVP of a 90+ win team in the span of 5 months

Fair argument IP.

To me? Honestly its like 2002 all over again. Theres a ton of choices. Shoe is a great one. Richards too. Trout (like AND said).

Honestly, its a coin toss for me between the bench and the pen. I know those arent people, but thats been the dofderence this year. Weve had better pitxhing before (2011) but no pen. Our bench was weak for a while. But how the bench guys filled in the gaps this year has been the under the radar difference. Cowgill in the first half when calhoun and hamilton were gone was huge. Wouldnt be here today without things like that

Fair argument IP.

To me? Honestly its like 2002 all over again. Theres a ton of choices. Shoe is a great one. Richards too. Trout (like AND said).

Honestly, its a coin toss for me between the bench and the pen. I know those arent people, but thats been the dofderence this year. Weve had better pitxhing before (2011) but no pen. Our bench was weak for a while. But how the bench guys filled in the gaps this year has been the under the radar difference. Cowgill in the first half when calhoun and hamilton were gone was huge. Wouldnt be here today without things like that

There are definitely a lot of guys and a case can be made a lot of different ways.  I mean, Mike Trout is Mike Trout, and he's always the biggest cog in the machine.

Efren Navarro, because of that hit he got back earlier in the season that put runs on the board.

Seriously, though, it really depends upon how you define "MVP." I've still got to say that it should go to the player who has the most impact through the course of the year on how many games the team wins--in other words, the best player--and that's clearly Trout, and by a long-shot.

On the other hand, if you want to talk about the player that has been the biggest surprise help, the grace of God if you will, then I'd vote for Shoemaker. But his impact on the win-loss record isn't as significant as Trout's (and I'm not just talking WAR).

A couple pitchers have really come up big and the bullpen turnaround - huge.

But offensively - and despite having what people think is an "off" year - by my numbers it's:

1. Trout

2. Strong 2nd place to Pujols

3.  Under the radar guy is Freese who has consistently risen in contribution despite being pulled virtually every game in the 7th or later.

I've just updated my site with my 4Score components chart for LAA and other than Hamiton, you have a full team effort - and those are the teams that win championships:  https://www.4basescore.com/?page_id=609

Regards,

Cycled