• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GDT 7/29/14 ANGELS @ ORIOLES - 4:05 PST

Obviously the focus of the game is the offense failing to capitalize later in the game and the fact that Weaver was pitching BP, but at a certain point there's a question to be asked of how much sense it REALLY makes to save your closer for a save situation that may never come.

Indeed. Especially with the heart of the order up. I thought that was the point to go with Street. With Weaver seemingly coming back on the weekend we could have used a starter out of the 'pen (probably would have had to be Skaggs) if it had got that far. You can't blame Sciosica for the loss at all, but I didn't agree with the call to leave Rasmus in there.

Can't tell who's up and down these days -- is Green back up with the club or at SLC.......if Green was up and available -- well, someone like that should have been running for Albert -- if so, that guy scores on Hamilton's 2B........

but then, we still have to shut them down in the bottom half of the inning --

despite the loss, our pen pitched pretty well.

Weaver had some problems tonight -- some nights just isn't the guy's night -

for all the folks bashing Weaver now, you gotta know he's also going to pitch some gems in critical games down the stretch.......I wouldn't be giving on him just yet.........

any one want to go out and track down Blanton and get him back on the roster??  Didn't think so.

Green is on the DL, has been for awhile. You could argue Shuck should have PR and then Navarro come in to play 1B with Shuck in LF, but losing one of your better hitters and ending up with JB Shuck hitting third to slightly improve your odds of scoring with a runner on first and two outs (which is always obviously a pretty small chance) probably isn't the right call.

Everyone here agrees that Weaver sucked and they didn't execute offensively. Nobody is getting blasted. Some just being called out for overreacting a little. This team has played well enough for us to stop acting like every loss is season ending.

In vent threads, people would just gloss over those as no big deal, people letting off steam during and immediately following a game. Just seems different now where those posts are actually debated, which defeats the purpose of a vent thread IMO. I guess I dislike change (thanks Obama).

ah, didn't know that about Green -- other than McDonald (doesn't make sense for one old guy to run for another does it?) who else would have been available on the bench to PR for Albert.

I know it was two out -- but you're in extras ON THE ROAD -- you have to maximize the scoring opps........I would have PR someone.

Is this not still a vent thread? I don't see why people are being blasted for being emotional in these game day threads. Seems to be happening a lot lately which kind of sucks; maybe going back to separate vent and game day threads is the answer?

It comes from one main source and it always makes you wonder why he reads this thread if all he's going to do is bitch and moan about people getting upset. In the space of 10 minutes we went from within touching distance of being 0.5 games back to being 2.5 back. That was rough. People are going to be upset. I find the bashing of people who are disgraceful.

ah, didn't know that about Green -- other than McDonald (doesn't make sense for one old guy to run for another does it?) who else would have been available on the bench to PR for Albert.

I know it was two out -- but you're in extras ON THE ROAD -- you have to maximize the scoring opps........I would have PR someone.

We had Cron, McDonald and Shuck left on the bench. If Shuck had PR you could have then PH for him with Cron if that spot in the order had come up again. Still don't think it would have been a good call though.

I don't care if folks bash anyone -- let folks bash all they want and let other folks bash back -- all in good fun even if tonight's tough loss (and you're right, a huge swing tonight with the A's winning) was no where near fun.......

tomorrow's another game, another day -- gotta go out and win this series.........gotta keep winning each series at this point...........start of a tough 6 game road trip -- (I don't consider the games in LA road games).......

You love to respond to it when you can just ignore it.

I don't critique you like that. How about some freaking mutual respect????

Nailed it, AO. Stradling acts like the opinion police and treats everyone who disagrees with him like shit. Really not cool.

forgot about Cron -- well, it could go either way - everything's easier in hindsight........I probably would have run for Albert.

hey, Freese seems to be playing better at third -- I mention this because I also would have had McDonald in for Freese perhaps after he hit in the 7th (or was I the 8th?) He certainly would not have been in for the 9th as far as my scorecard.......so he would have been unavailable.

I believe in using the bench and making the most of scoring opps.......

that Ayber stolen run vs. Detroit sort of reinforces that point........we could have easily lost that game with out Aybar's heads up, hustle play.

For the sake of debate. Let's say we go with Street in the 12th. Game stays tied until the weekend 14th and we take the lead. Do we go with Thatcher fir the save?

Obviously the focus of the game is the offense failing to capitalize later in the game and the fact that Weaver was pitching BP, but at a certain point there's a question to be asked of how much sense it REALLY makes to save your closer for a save situation that may never come.

No one, myself included, can deny that was a great game to watch.

But it was a sucky one to lose as well.

If we are to advance deep into October, we will have to win some road games like tonight against playoff caliber teams.

Despite the strong record the past 2 months, there have been very few road wins against good teams in that stretch.

I don't know if PR Shuck would have made a difference. The ball was rocketed into right center and the O's outfielder fielded the ball perfectly off the wall. Shuck probably still would have been out. Pujols was barely past 3rd when the SS got the ball.

Team scores 6 runs with Weaver on the mound. That should be a win 99% of the time. This is on Weaver. Dude lost his spine.

this.

Nobody is above being called out. Still love weave, hes still a very good pitcher. He shit the bed today. That simple.

We should have won, but baltimore is very solid. Is what it is. AO said it best, shotty loss, but great game. Back out tomorrow